Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Staring at the blank screen

I must have started this post a dozen times, only to erase what I wrote cuz it wasn't going anywhere or it wasn't relevant or whatever.

Truth is my brain was pummeled all afternoon at work so any kind of thinking right now just plain hurts. I'm fuzzing out on hot chocolate and wine, it's pouring freezing rain outside, my heart is on the other side of the Atlantic and if I have to write another list I shall scream.

I want to read the entire Anne of Green Gables series again. And Little House on the Prairie, the original books. Remember the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew novels? I might give those a crack too, for no other reason than the sheer joy and pleasure of reading something that makes me feel good like warm apple pie and no chores.

Sometimes I think people are becoming book snobs... plowing through reading just because it makes them feel smart.

Well duh, what a waste of time.

Right now my bedtime book is Eat, Pray, Love and it's truly a gem - not read enough to give it two thumbs up yet but it looks good. This from a girl who loves Reader's Digest because it's babyfood for the brain, a must before zzz's.

Someday I'll renew my subscription... just don't have enough time to read anything anymore. Damn internet. It's eating up my life chomp chomp chomp.

This is a strange wine. 2002 Algerian red of some sort. Not sure if I like it yet, and really? Don't care. Just put me to sleep already, may this day end... and bring me one day closer to seeing Vegas again.

What do you get if you mix a rooster with peanut butter?

/end of sleepy librarian post/

8 comments:

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

An Anne of Green Gables fan?

Check this out, bet it WILL piss you off:

http://jezebel.com/369745/

Technodoll said...

Nah that doesn't bother me... won't happen and even if it ever does I can always ignore it :-)

B said...

Peanut butter & a rooster?

No clue :(

Sian said...

chicken in sate sauce?

prin said...

At least you're waiting for a specific day... Imagine if it was just hanging?

I know the answer has cock in it. lol

Technodoll said...

he he! prin knows the gutter!

answer is: a cock that sticks to the roof of your mouth.

I think I prefer Sian's version better, now that I think of it... mmm. hungry now.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Ohhh, that book is on my ever growing wish list......I like reading a lot more now than I used to.......

Technodoll said...

Jessica it's an awesome book. Elisabeth's writing just flows so brilliantly, it's hard to put down :-)