Friday, March 7, 2008

Ever had an Ex-Lax day?

You know... when a whole bunch of stuff just suddenly unblocks all at once and then life just seems that much closer to being complete? Not that it ever can be complete since it is a work of art in progress, but you know what I mean, yes?

I finally took the plunge and got melonhead's neutering appointment for the 17th. Been wanting to have it done for a long time but was on the fence about it - decision now taken, feel very good about it, will not keep the furry plums in a jar.

Vegas had a phone interview today for this new job he's applying for and he thinks it went very well... we'll know next week if he gets it or not. Pleeeease send us all the good karma vibes you can spare? Cuz if this happens... his move here from the UK will be 5 months sooner than planned. And y'all want Techno to be a happy doll, oui?

*happy dance*

But the best thing just happened a few minutes ago... Wedding date is confirmed for 8/8/2008, the exact day we wanted!! We got the LAST spot available so talk about timing, once again! wooofreakinghooooo!

Am mentally ready for the two-day blizzard that starts tonight, have an open bottle of wine at home and two happy doggies to keep me company, when I get home in a couple of hours I need to shovel the car out of the snowbank cuz of course the city is plowing the streets... just before another foot of snow gets shat on our heads.

Bah. Need to get groceries anyways.

In regards to Martini's awesome post, it is becoming quite clear to me that when when you seriously put your mind to changing your life for the better - magic starts happening. I'm almost afraid that these snowballing events are a figment of my imagination but no... they are for real.

Vegas keeps telling me that I deserve to be happy and have everything I want and dream about, but that these dreams can only start to come true when *I* believe in them, when I believe in myself and stay true to who I am.

Never settle.
Never compromise.
Never sell yourself short.
Never doubt that your dreams are possible.

...and never doubt that the universe has giant, awesome plans in store for you. All you need to do is be strong enough to open that Pandora's box.

Reach for the stars, baby!

/end of sparkly post/

10 comments:

Curly said...

I'm sooo keeping my fingers crossed for you both. Five months early means he'll be here in time for summer!!!! woohoo!!!

As for your bottle of wine in anticipation of the storm, you should have ordered an entire case. Sleep with your shovel by your bed, you're going to need it.

Dolce said...

I'm going to do a happy dance for you! What an amazing Friday. I'll keep my fingers crossed also that he gets the job!!!

KA said...

oh wow! how sweet! sending you two good vibes...gooooood vibes!!! Oh, and 8/8/08?? I wanted that date too :0( unfortunately, the hubs got deployment orders and we just couldn't wait... instead we had 12/27/06. Since then, we've spent a grand total of 3 months together... woot.

sorry, now i'm just being bitter.

Still sending you good vibrations!

prin said...

I'm crossing my fingers but for cynical reasons. :D I just want you to live with him a while before marrying him. You know, you're my baby sister, I gotta look out for you. :D

I do find it weird how some things happen simultaneously. Like:

- You and I both breaking up nearly the same time (among a few other people);
- you and I both seeing good guys for the first time;
- me and the new guy crossing paths through you by accident;
- both of us (me and the new guy) needing something the other had to give;
- you and the many other people I've met through the internet blossoming into awesome friends (I wasn't ready for you all before);

So many things. And it's a cycle- the more things change for the better, the more we invite the positive changes. :)

Despite the snow. :D

I'd offer you a parking spot and drive you back to the city, but my driveway's now only one car big. :D

prin said...

Oh, and WOOO!!! *dances around the room in circles* Maybe soon Dakotah and Boo might actually get along?!

WOO!!

Anonymous said...

My fingers are crossed that eveyrthing works out as you deserve it!!!
And Yey for Dakotah's neutering (sorry to Dakotah though, but Yey!!!)

Vegas said...

Obviously the ex-lax worked on other people as well.

B said...

hahaaa - ex-lax day?

i love it

Technodoll said...

Curly, I know!! But don't want to jinx anything... so pretending life is normal for now. With shovels and wine and all. Sigh. How is mr joe snowplow today?

Dolce, Friday was unbelievable! Keep on dancin'!

Tin ma'am, I would be bitter too :-( Is there any way you can renew your vows someday, start fresh all over?

Prin, it's totally a cycle! And once you start pedding that bike is going places, I tells ya :-) But about Melonhead, his dominance won't change cuz he's a crabby old coot when it comes to other boy dogs... I don't trust him farther than I can throw him.

HO, thanks for the finger crossing, let's pray it works! sooo nervous and excited!!

Yang, sometimes happiness and good luck are contagious ;-)

Deutlich, somehow I knew that would make you smile!

Rebecca Foster said...

Congrats on setting your day! And sorry for your bad weather, sheesh, I thought I had it bad. I do love Canada, but y'all are touuuugghhh people up there. I could not do with all that snow.