Friday, March 28, 2008

~almost weekend~

Less than an hour before I hit the pavement, free freeee from work for two whole days! Well... from paid work, that is. Need to take the melonhead to the vet's to get his stitches taken out tonight and then aaaah, wine and a movie methinks.

So a bunch of us went to a very sad diner at lunchtime today and never again am I setting foot in that dump.

It took 50 minutes to get our food (burgers and stuff), the fries were lukewarm and soggy tasteless (I sent them back!), everything had too much salt and for the money, I could have eaten twice at Burger King for the same indigestion. **You know the food is gonna suck when the tattered plastic menus are full of stickers to cover price increases over the years. I mean how much does it cost to print new menus? Gang of cheapos.**

That being said, Vegas is here in a week and I need to get rid of this bloat, it's embarassing. I am so doing the arugula (rocket!) dinner tonight, apple for dessert. My tongue feels swollen from all that salt, help!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love food so much so I absolutely hate when I have a bad food experience! Especially an over priced one. Wash that salt down with some wine....

prin said...

Ewww. I still don't think that's justification for lettuce.

Unless aragula or whatever it is really is chocolate.

Sian said...

How did you manage to find a crappy diner in a city that serves tuna with vanilla sauce with pink peppercorns?

The food with you must be amazing, so blah to bad restaurants that let the city's side down :(

...but I still wouldn't eat rocket.

Technodoll said...

1218, yeah it's insuling. OK if I cook and it's bad, well my fault. But to pay for nasty food? Grrr.

Prin, you'll be glad to hear I had frosted mini-wheats for dinner. Hey my diet was shot for the day, why not go all the way...

Sian, I "followed the gang" but trust me, I bitched enough over the food that it woke them up. Don't think many will be back - and if they do, they deserved what they get!