Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Death and taxes!

Or rather, death BY taxes! crummy gov'ment paperwork, mumble mumble... Do any of you fill in your own or do you have an accountant tackle the mess?

I decided to make an effort this year and plow through it, figured hey! I have the simplest situation possible so it should be a breeze, why pay an accountant when I have a free evening to do this, plus I'm not dumb so why not use my brain?

Ohhh my head is spinning... two gov'ment tax forms to fill in (federal and provincial) each of which include a stack of schedules, calculation grids, endless blabla - you name it. Blecch. And I've only filled out the practice forms, still have to pen in the ones that need to be sent in, attach labels, receipts, tax slips and all...

There is good news though!

I do get a refund again this year! w00t! Hopefully I calculated right - it's about the same as last year's so I figure all is OK. And I feel good to have taken the "harder path", for some reason - I must be a masochist.

Actually I am a masochist cuz that refund is being directly funnelled right back into savings, which will help guarantee that next year I get another refund... la dee da. The day Vegas and I retire and buy our sweet house in the countryside, it will all have been worth it.

Gawd, my back is killing me - dreaming of a massage, oooo!

*stares into space dreamily*

5 comments:

prin said...

Wait... What? You're buying the house when you retire? No. Really? That's too far away. They just cut the interest rate today too. ;)

My dad does mine. Dads rock sometimes. Gotta do it soon. Hopefully I'll be poor enough to get a refund.. *crosses fingers*

Technodoll said...

Well, can't rush into things but it's nice to dream ;-)

I can't picture my dad doing accounting, that is hilarious! "uh, can I deduct pot as a medical aid?"

Curly said...

"pen in" your tax number and attach receipts?? Ever heard of filing online?? I'm going to have to revoke your technodoll name and assign some kind of geriatric dinosaur name... *sigh*

Technodoll said...

Curly, I hate the e-filing as much as the paper crap, believe it or not... almost done now, just send me courage!

Curly said...

ah, I see. Well ok then, you can keep you techno name. Won't be placing you in an old folks home/dinosaur museum in the near future.