I'm a nervous mama right now... my boy is at the vet's getting snipped, his last anaesthesia went badly so am crossing my fingers he will be OK. Since he's a big dog at 135 lbs and 4 years old, the surgery is longer and more complicated than usual.
Please send good vibes!!
I feel better today, at least the sun is out for a change... keeps the biting cold in check. Vegas and I have smoothed some things over for now, so this week should be easier to cope with - one day at a time. I'll try to not look at the big picture and freak out so much... If I do, you are all free to bitch-slap me into consciousness.
Also, am wondering if the nightly glass of wine is making me paranoid? It's supposed to be relaxing and yeah, most of the time it is but... last night it made me cry. I hope to god I'm not fringing on bi-polarity or anything?!
/end of post, beginning of deep breathing/
8 comments:
I've noticed that on occasion wine is the LAST thing I need to consume.
Beer? Always okay. Wine? Not so much.
Which sucks w/the calories and all..
I'm a wino myself, but all alcohol is a depressant. One reason I get so crazy and emotional when I drink.
To relax, try tea.
What Dolce said. If you're depressed and you drink, it makes it worse.
Yey! No more plums! WOO!!
Good vibes are being sent to you and Dakotah. I have been thinking about him all day. I am sure everything will be fine. (hugs)
Deutlich, I might try a beer tonight to calm this rig down... brain won't shaddap when it's time to sleep. What calories? *snacks on chocolate*
Dolce, I did not know that about alcohol - w.t.h.! I love hot chocolate so will try that instead, it should work?
Prin, the deed is done... plums are gone. I'm really glad it's all over, to be honest.
HO, the beanie got your good vibes cuz the vet said he is waking up now and everything went well - crossing fingers he won't be stoned too badly tonight. Plumless beanie!!
TD-I get the same with alcohol when I'm already down. The tea is a good suggestion!
ginger tea is good and hot chocolate is very good, but you can't beat warm milk with a spoonful of honey and a dash of nutmeg. I am an almost professional grade insomniac and the last one really works.
PrincessB, I'll now stay away from the vintaged grapes when I am riding a black wave of yuck... I love me a hot cuppa tea. Yeah.
Sian, how about hot chocolate made from milk and sprinkled with nutmeg and laced with honey? Why not go full-core... rrrr. *runs off to make one*
Post a Comment