Saturday, March 29, 2008

Miscommunication follies

From person A's mouth: "You're being rude"
To person B's ears: "Fuck you"

Sigh.

Language is supposed to facilitate communication between humans, not complicate it. But then again, without tone of voice, facial expressions and body language things can get pretty difficult sometimes for no reason at all.

I think there might have been a misfiring last night between Vegas and I (lack of communication), which somehow inadvertently fermented over 24 hours and then emerged as a horned beast with two asses tonight over MSM chat. Ugh.

I hate arguing, it depletes me like an autumn tree.

No worries we're ok, more than ok actually... being able to talk things through after the frustration has quieted down is what makes it work between us.

The source of the argument doesn't matter, however I think I subconsciously instigated something cuz I felt disconnected in a way and felt I had to fight my way back - totally dumb, I know I should know better. I do know better. Relationships are hard enough as it is but long-distance love takes a helluva lot of extra work and effort, even if the love itself doesn't require any at all. Know what I mean?

Wow I'm having a wicked time trying to write down my thoughts after half a glass of wine (and this on a full stomach), I'm completely fried. Six more days until Vegas gets here, lords knows we need this time together and the vacation that goes with it.

Now if only this day-long migraine would evaporate. Please?

/end of Love Triumphs Over Evil post/

8 comments:

prin said...

You shouldn't swear at people in code.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Every healthy relationships has their disagreements every now and again....or at least that's my opinion! I suppose that I should say depending on the actual issue you're fighting about.....Cody and I always have dumb arguments......totally laughable :o)

Anonymous said...

Communicating face to face is hard enough but communicating long distance via MSM has to be crazy. Talkin' about lost in translation. Geez... I think it's only natural and healthy to argue like you guys are. It will all be over soon enough.

Technodoll said...

Prin, the internet scrambles everything. Merrr.

Jessica, that's the thing eh? most issues are petty and after the tempers have calmed down we can laugh about it, at least. Ah, love!

1218, I sure hope so... at least in person you get to kiss and make up, you know? Sigh. Counting the days...

prin said...

What? Why'd you make scrambled eggs? It's suppertime.

Smiler said...

Shoo migraine, shoo!

And I thought you did a pretty good job of explaining it actually. Language is a tricky one, that's for sure. Sometimes it doesn't matter at all what words you use because the other person already has his/her own idea of what you're saying, even if it's completely the opposite of what you're trying to say. Me, don't want none of it. Of course I'll probably change my mind eventually but for now... me no like boys (which doesn't mean I'm into girls, y'hear?!)

Curly said...

what are you doing having an argument when make-up sex is not an option?

He needs to hurry home.

Technodoll said...

Prin, the eggs just plopped out of the chicken of their own accord. Strange but true :-o

Smiler, I think I am guilty of that actually... too busy thinking of what to say next that I'm not listening. Sigh. I really need to grow up someday...