Friday, March 28, 2008

If only it weren't true

"If you knew how meat was made,
you'd probably lose your lunch."
~k.d. lang

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true; and also the reason I avoid fast food places.

Urgh.

Anonymous said...

I tried not doing meat for a while. Yeah...that didn't work out.

B said...

Yeah.. what 1218 said. But sometimes I do get the urge to just eat veggies and such.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Now that's something to make you turn vegetarian!

Dolce said...

Lemme guess...Vegetarian?

Technodoll said...

I eat some meats but not in a big way, and I have to close my eyes on the whole ordeal of factory farming because I feed my two dogs raw meat and oh, if you saw what I have to handle... *gross*

Makes me feel sad and guilty. The day I go vegetarian, I will go visit a slaughterhouse and I know that will be that.

Dolce said...

If it makes you feel any better my brother in law is a meat broker and actually went to Pork and beef school at a slaughter house.

He said the animals were bred, fed, and treated like pets. They are slaughtered in the most humane way possible.

They take them into a CO2 tank to knock them out. While they are unconscious they slaughter them so they are never scared or in pain.

It's much better than I even imagined. Ever single part of the animal us used. Everything-even the teeth.