Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It is snowing. Again.

The flurries are coming down hard and furious: another 2 to 3 inches are expected by the end of the day. Then another siberian freezing cold night.

It's as if time were suspended in a never-ending ice age, where all hopes of warmth, spring and green are slashed to bits by sharp icicles and howling northern winds.

This is abnormal. March 12th, locked in the grips of a deathly harsh winter.

No wonder I feel so sad, depressed and blue, flat and heavy like a lard pancake, brain full of grit and bile, lungs the size of peas. I am forgetting how to smile and everything hurts, inside and out.

Tonight's self-improvement menu:

Walk home after work. Take dogs out for long walk & romp, run errands. Feed them dinner, try to eat something myself. Have a big glass of wine and be in bed by 10pm, lights out.

I can do this, right?

/end of miserable post/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..that's a good day for me! Crap, getting showered is sometimes a triumph (my friends love that I'll go 5 days without washing my hair. But, hey, it's long and I can put it in a bun. I don't stink!).

you'll get through this! It's sunny here today..sending you some sunshine!

KA said...

It feels like I haven't posted here in so long!!! I'm glad you're getting through. :-) This winter has been undeniably horrible. I wish it would end already!

Technodoll said...

PrincessB, if there is no stink then there should be no bother - we're not supposed to wash our hair more than once a week anyways. Got your sunshine btw, so am happy now :-)

Tin ma'am, you're always here in spirit! Now if you were only here with strong arms to help me shovel my car out of the snowbank... LOL!