Monday, November 17, 2008

This is... bizarre, yet refreshing

Well, here we are... my first Monday in years as an unemployed gal.

Wow.

Am too ambivalent about it to say whether I'm thrilled or throttled... hopefully the dust will settle in a bit and then I'll be able to see clear.

Yes, I slept in late this morning and it felt good... tended to the doggies like a good momma, ran a few errands and am now debating which housechore to attack - uggh.

Still no email nor phonecall about that potential job interview, it's not looking good IMO. Blah. Vegas tells me to give it a rest and that jobs will come (to tide us over until next spring when we get that kennel in the countryside up and running), but frankly I just don't know how to rest. It's against my DNA!

At least I have tonight's dinner all lined up, like a good wifey... making a baby spinach, fresh fennel and grape tomato salad, then a veggie rice pilaf served with leftover sweet baked squash. Dessert, of course, will be more of that devil's food cake... and let's not forget the wine!

Mmmmm caaake... so moist, so yummy...

I may be jobless but I'm certainly not a lazy housewife watching soaps all day! LOL

The laundry's calling, chat to youse later.

And beeehayve!

/end of Chatter Chatter post/

13 comments:

Vegas said...

I dont think what you're doing today counts as 'taking it easy'. You should relax :)

Kelly Ann said...

I'd be living it up if I were you.. lol. :)

prin said...

Does Vegas ever get to eat meat?

Why do you need a job on your first day off? Chill oot.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Enjoy this time, dont miss out on it. Pretty soon you will be busy on a new job and long for time off like this. So go ahead and be that good housewife. At least you arent Peg Bundy from Married With Children...you have your head on straight...just take it easy...and listen to Vegas - your job will come. :-)

myself said...

I'd never leave bed myself, at least for the first week....but then again, I know how to relax :P

Frank said...

Take advantage of the free time while you have it :) That's what I'd do, but then again, I'll do just about anything to get out of honest work.

Technodoll said...

Vegas, it relaxes me to scrub floors and cruddy sinks. Really :-)

Chica, it's tempting but it's just not me...

Prin, no I stuff him with tofu all the time just to torture him :-D

Daring, oh I LOVED that show! Good times... sigh. Housewives do rock though, yes?

Myself, maybe you can teach me a trick or two!

Frank, I could get used to sleeping in late and then never want to work again in the mornings... it's insidious.

Busy Bee Suz said...

take it easy woman...really...you will be working before you know it!!
The dinner sounds fab. The cake... wonderful.

prin said...

Oooo, you added cake. Mmmmmm.

Sian said...

Have fun but beware- soon you'll be making jam...and then it's a frilly pinny and from there you can only go to starting to knit.
Watch it chaps, attack of the Hausfrau in 3...2...1..

:o)

Technodoll said...

Busy Bee, I have no idea why I ate a slab of cake after that dinner. My tummy is aching like a !@#$% right now! :-(

Prin, it hurts to look at it now after dinner... groan.

Sian, but that all sounds so tempting - I'm even going to try to make bread in a few days. My first time! :-D

Katie said...

That cake looks absolutely amazing. If only that smell could waft out of the internet...

Mmmm...I'm going to ponder that one for awhile.

Technodoll said...

That cake is deadly. ow ow ow tummy! Be glad you can't eat it, LOL!