Reasons for retail therapy included:
~trauma of losing my job
~weeks of stress prior to losing my job
~impending cold bitter winter vs my flimsy summery pants
~weight gain + old tight pants = muffin top, a very depressing condition that only leads to more eating of chocolate
~because I deserve some new clothes dammit
~otherwise known as "fuckitall" therapy
Two thumbs up!!
I found two sexy awesome pairs of jeans, they cost a fortune but I was desperate. The last time I shopped, a size 27 fit nicely; how embarassing to have to hand the size 27's back over the top of the changing booth and ask the sales lady for "size 28 instead please, wait make that 29 if they're stretchy, they make pants smaller nowadays".
UUGGHHH.
I felt so shitty, I bought a cute winter jacket, a pair of warm winter boots and some flannel jammies. I'm so done with the crappy worn-out stuff, it's not even funny.
Oh, did I mention we woke up yesterday to find this shit happened to our car?
** then TD and Vegas go for a long walk on the mountain to blow some steam**
Woo! I got to use my superduper fantastic zoom lens and wow, it's a huge change from my other "normal" one. Definitely need both to capture the range - will post a few shots on the Bubblegum Diaries this week so you can see what I mean. The dogs had a ball, of course, and everybody was in a coma the rest of the day.
My hamstrings are pissed at me from all the hiking.
Ow ow ow ow.
Then, made a lovely thick fish chowder for dinner, we finished the bottle of wine and watched "Elisabeth, The Golden Age" - pretty good, actually - and now, well it's Monday, it's still cold and this afternoon we've got to head down to the town hall to apply for a marriage license.
Supposedly indian summer starts tomorrow.
*excited*
/end of Happy Monday post/
19 comments:
city hall. enjoy. better you than me on both fronts (a visit to city government combo'd with the prospect of marriage - heh)
Fuckwits with the wiper. Beauty of parking my car beside the house....I SEE ALLL!!!! (and if I don't, the dogs alert me to whatever is happening on the perimeter). Here at work though is another case...
Excellent on the retail therapy. Had some of that myself, except the jeans shrunk another size (sorry!)....but winter coat was finally purchased, which is a good thing! YEY SHOPPING!
We did the city hall thing last spring so at least we know what to expect... damn I wish we hadn't cancelled everything last summer!! Hate going through the paperwork again. Sigh. Hence the retail therapy :-D
People suck sometimes......wiper blades are easy to replace, thankfully. Our office at work was recently vandalized (friday), I had to freaking come in after I just had teeth pulled out of my head to check my office for missing checks and wot not......arse holes! We're still trying to recoup.
Does he have to leave the country before/after you marry for a period?
Out of curiosity....
"fuckiall" retail therapy is the best damn retail therapy evah!!!!! And Elizabeth the Golden Age? Daaaaaaamn, Clive looked DELICIOUS in that. I cn just gobble him up ;-p
WW, what the hell?? Who vandalises an office? gaaawd this world is going to hell... hope all was ok - how are you recuperating from the dentist, btw!
Myself, nope - he's on a work visa so all is good!
CD, he only got to kiss two chicks in that movie though. With his clothes on. BAH!!
Wow, that sucks i just dont understand vandalism. There's no benefit.
Ugh, sorry your weekend kind of sucked a lot. But with regards to pants, when holes start appearing in the worst places, that's when you know they're finally broken in :P
SweetT, we live next to a subway station so you get alot of drunks making there way through sometimes... may karma bite their nads off!
Toughgirl, I know! Sigh.
Frank, the weekend was pretty good despite the vandalism episode (wankers). Hey I love my holey jeans but, um, I'm supposed to be all grown up, so. They're for weekends only now :-D
Grown up? Who's grown up?
Oh yeah.
We're supposed to be. Booooooo!
Actually I loved the bits where she screamed and stuff :-D Found her strong enough... just sad she didn't go for the sex though. Pfft.
May all vandals die of nad cancer.
the jeans are gorgeous, the coat is fabulous, the chowder was awesome and the walk on the mountain was brilliant.
The vandals can go fuck themselves - it didn't dent our weekend one bit :)
You all see why I love this man, don't you? LOL!
You hit the jackpot with Vegas. Hee hee.
Seriously though, idiots who did that to your car. May the constantly forget what they are looking for.
Oooh, I want to see Elizabeth. Loved the first one, I'll have to check out the second.
Yay for Indian summers! Gotta love them before the real cold zooms in to stay...
Enjoy!
Katie, I liked the 2nd Elisabeth buuut I have to say, the first one is better IMO. Watch it and let me know what you think!
Daring, pretty soon indian summers will be year-round for you! *grin*
the first one is much better - the second one is good, but it lacks the drama and scale of the first. imo etc
lol @ Katie's "May the constantly forget what they are looking for". That's a good one. :D
Girl, I'm aaaall about retail therapy. Which is why I still can't afford to buy my own place. Of course I've been doing all my shopping on the net for the past couple of years, but believe me, it's just as satisfying!
Post a Comment