Saturday, November 8, 2008

Rainy Saturday is for cookins'

I still can't believe I slept until 11am.

Looked at the clock, uttered a shocked "whaaaat!" and then was ready go to back to sleep for another few hours. I kid you not.

Sigh. Guilt wrenched me out of the lovely warm, freshly-laundered bed (stoopid guilt) while the grey cold rain outside gave me the finger, so I retaliated by sinking back into the couch clutching a steaming hot latte that Vegas gave me, with a kiss.

Ah, yes. Weekends.

The dogs are comatose today, Vegas had to drag them outside for their morning walk (these are creatures that normally go bonkers at the sound of their collars and leash) so that should tell you what kind of sleeping gas is in the air today. *yawn*

Oh yeah, between loads of laundry I took out my emergency box of Duncan Hines spice cake and now the house smells like a proper rainy Saturday, with the cakes cooling in the kitchen almost ready for their cream cheese frosting (OK also from a can, but it's all I had!).

I shall make up for it in a bit by making, from scratch, warm buttermilk biscuits and a lovely creamy seven-veggie winter chowder - might have to get a bottle of wine to round up the dinner. We even have two movies to watch later.

Now if only the rain can ease up a bit so we can all go out for a walk, I need some air.

Time for cake, yay! I send you all a virtual piece :-D

/end of Weekend Is For Eating post/

8 comments:

Vegas said...

nummins

Katie said...

The dinners you make always sound amazing. Have a yummy sleepy Saturday.

prin said...

Can is ok. If you make it from scratch, there's a very fine line between awesome cream cheese icing and homemade caulking. Seriously.

Sweet T said...

mmmmmm Sounds yummers :D

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Yum...I sleep until 10 on Saturdays but would sleep til 1pm if my hubby didnt wake me!

myself said...

is food all we Montrealers have done today? geeeeez!

KA said...

you know, today, there was so much cold weather that i was getting sleepy just hangin' out.

Technodoll said...

Vegas, for someone who ate half a cake in two days... LOL!

Katie, they do? Hmm must be all the cooking shows we've been watching lately...

Prin, totally agree. I took no risks :-D

SweetT, oh it hit the spot all right...

Daring, same here! Only Vegas doesn't wake me, the guilt does. Oi.

Myself, apparently so! WTF else is there to do!

Toughgirl, and it's only starting, eh...