Friday, November 21, 2008

Hurdles, humps, bumps in the road

Well, I got the job offer last night - yey! Except it's not what I was expecting so there will be some negotiating today... sigh. Why can't things just be easy from the get-go?

I seem to be hitting alot of walls lately and it's getting discouraging. Having to say "no thanks" to the first offer, pushing back, enduring the stress of back-and-forth negotiation, fighting for what should have been there in the first place. Again today, still trying to resolve an issue from my old job - wankers are giving me a hard time about something and I refuse to lay down and take it. Gaah. It gets old pretty quick.

I just want to move on and start a new life, you know?

Anyhoo. The sun is shining, it's bitterly cold in the wind (waaaay sub-freezing temps) and Vegas is working from home today so all is good.

The exterminator was here this morning so hopefully the mouse issue will be resolved shortly... and this afternoon I have to bring melonhead to the vet's for his annual thyroid testing to make sure his daily meds dosage is still on track. He loooves going there so much, I'll have to video the big knucklehead making a spectacle of himself - it's too ridiculous.

He'd sell his soul for a cookie :-)

** edited to add: check out his video! **

Taking it really easy today... no house cleaning (well... only a bit), we'll maybe go out for a bite tonight if I can't be arsed to cook. The next three days are full of travelling and social stuff so we don't mind keeping to ourselves for now. Yep, we love our cave! LOL

Oh and yey for the cheap gas these days!

/end of Friday Blabla post/

8 comments:

B said...

I second that notion about cheap gas!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

1) Give 'em hell at your old job - why should you suffer for them letting you go?
2) Enjoy your cave moments as well as look forward to your social events - I personally enjoy both - equally
3) Low gas is great - and I ask, why could it not be cheap all the time...(greedy oil guys hiking the price!)

myself said...

I'm like 4th-ing the cheap gas....teeny cars mean small billls at the gas pumps...YEY!

FREAKING cold out there, who asked for this cuz I tell ya, wasn't me!

Um, no laying down for the old job. You gave 'em 6 years of your life, they can pay up or whatevs :)

Katie said...

Aww what a cute pups!

Good luck with the negotiations. Jobs suck all around, getting into them and getting out. Not to mention the actual day to dayness. *sigh*

At least the gas is down! Nothing bad about that!

Technodoll said...

Deutlich, enjoy the driving!

Daring, we all know gas prices are a total scam... mofos messing with our wallets like that! hrmph. The cave is lovely today :-)

Myself, yep I'm getting insider help so hopefully that issue will be resolved in my favour by Monday... *crosses frozen fingers*

Katie, it's the daily grind that just gets ya, eh? Taking the next couple of days to do lots of driving thanks to the cheap gas! yey!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my...I want to saddle him up and ride into town. SO adorable. And so large. He lost 5lbs? what is his weight? He may be bigger than me. :) Big puppy hugs.
I hope all turns out well in the job....
I love your posts where you are talking like you would to your bestie....
so sweet.
you rock.
Suz.

prin said...

lol!! You've been out of a job for ten minutes and youre already complaining about closing doors? :D You're a lucky one to have had two opportunities so far. I know I hate it when people say it to me, but be thankful. ;)

Nobody feels the cheap gas like I do. lol

Roshan said...

I know all about apprehensions when starting a new job. Don't worry, you will do great and good luck with the negotiations.