I really was geared towards taking the month of December off to get my act together, to rest, bake cookies, sleep, just enjoy life and the holidays. Hah. No such luck. I start my new job tomorrow and oh I'm so not ready for it... sniff.
Can't complain cuz it's a great place - same saddle different horse - and it's so very close to home... but still. Our dreams are on hold until spring or early summer so I have to bite the bullet, plow ahead and just focus on holding on just a bit longer in this stinking city.
Right now the snow is melting into thick slushy puddles, mixing in with the rain to torture pedestrians and drivers alike with cold muck. Nice, eh? LOL!
At least I get to see doggies and friends this weekend, it's Montreal's big annual dog show and I can't wait! Yey! Gonna get doggie supplies, do lots of research and gather information on potential partners, surrounding kennels, etc. Will also see Dakotah's breeder and meet a fellow facebook friend for the first time, gotta encourage her and her 4-legged racer in the flyball tournament on Sunday. I'm such a nerd.
Vegas is working from home today, laundry's in the dryer and the dogs are passed out cold. Domestic bliss, I tell you!
I need to run a few errands today and well, with my tummy still kicking me in the figurative nads, I'm glad to be taking it easy. I've decided to shun meat and spicy foods for a week and see if that helps any... am also taking probiotics and if nothing helps, then I don't know. Never had to deal with this stuff before and am terribly annoyed. Grrr. Weak system!
Hot damn I'm boring today. Soooo sorry... ah well maybe then you won't miss me so much the next few days, as I'll have no blogging access during work hours and will probably be dizzy-headed in the evening eh? I believe they call it "shellshocked"!
I'm so born to be a housewife.
PS: don't forget to go vote in the poll! I need dreamers!
/end of Work Stinks But It Brings In The Pennies post/
13 comments:
I know where you're going to work, doo dahhhh dooo dahhhhh.....sorry. Lost it there.
Well. In this economy, it's a GOOD thing you got yourself a lovely jobbie, just heard of a few more layoffs out there south of the city. Sucks.
Trying not to look outside my office window....could this be more...I dunno...gross? It's not snowing, it's slushing!
Happy you got work though, and have a lovely time at the dog show...I was thinking of going down and taking some photos but I spent WAY too much time at those in the past, so methinks I'll pass probably!
Dood, I just talked to my boss. He's going to get some of that shit that you use to clean yourself out before a colonoscopy.
Why?
cuz when he actually did it, he said he felt like a million bucks afterwards for 6 months. More energy, feeling great, etc. etc.
So I got this friday off, and i'm going to be doing it too.
I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe that'll solve your gastric problems tho :P
Really? No blog access at work? That sucks. :(
Mike sounds like fun. lol!!
It might work, or maybe you have IBS now. YEY! We can be crampy and nauseous together. Aw. If it is that, stay away from insoluble fiber and that should help (it's not everything, but it's a start).
Good luck tomorrow. :)
Glad you are having ONE last nice day. Get that belly straight before going to work though....not a good thing.
take care and good luck.
Suz
Yeah for the new job! I know they'll be blown away by what you bring to the table in your job. And being so close to work is going to be ideal. Sorry you are bored, but use it as a mental break until then. Enjoy it while you can.
Oh, and not happy about your snow...trying to avoid it at all costs..
Good Luck with the new job! Sounds great - close to home! Lucky girl!
as for the tummy - get to a specialist, will ya!? feel better soon!
trust me I am terrified of when I go back to work. I'll do it when I need to, but I have been out of the working world for so long that I know it's going to suck when I go back.
Good luck!
Myself, I need to go for research and meeting friends but if it were up to me I'd skip the dog show again this year... so loud and so many people, urk! Ah who knows I might need it after "work"... LOL!
Mike, yes do tell us how it goes :-D
Prin, if it's IBS I'll jump off a bridge! LOL (ok not really)
Busy Bee, I'm trying I'm trying! *grin*
Daring, I'm not bored I am a boring blogger :-(
Lola, I might have to see a nutritionist if this keeps up, bleh!
Rachel, don't rush! don't rush! Enjoy what you have as long as you can :-D
I hope everything clears up, and you start feeling fabulous tomorrow.
Good luck tomorrow! You can't beat the commute time.
Sending good vibes your way. :)
Thanks for dropping by my blog . . . love your furry kids. They are adorable! They look much fluffier than my guy.
Hope your tummy woes are better . . . that's definitely no fun. And I certainly hope the first day at your new job went well.
I WOULD miss your bloggings, but unfortunately I'm going to be gone for a few days as well.
...you got lucky :P
Wait, you have a new job??? So soon?
Katie, the good vibes made the day fly by - yey! Thank you :0)
Kathryn, we definitely need more photos of your handsome guy!
Frank, hope you enjoy TG with your fambly - eat lots!
Kat, yeah I know eh? It's ridiculous! Sigh. I'll sleep when I'm dead, apparently...
Post a Comment