Mmm. Got an extra hour of sleep this morning, guilt-free: yay for daylight savings time! OK it'll be dark at 5pm now and it's 0C today (ie, 32F, ie fucking freezing) but hey, you can't have everything!
The sun is out, hot latte is warm in my belly and I get to try out my new camera lens today - been waiting all week for this moment. Yey!
In other news:
Patched things up with my dad: your advice of writing to him helped a LOT, plus his home situation seems to have improved a bit so I'm very relieved. We even chatted on the phone a couple of days ago and he admitted to weighing only 147 lbs now - did you just hear my heart break? - but he said he was eating again, whatever that means. We're going for a visit during the xmas holidays, maybe even before, I need to check in on him. Am still worried.
The work situation is OK again. I'm still there for another two weeks - until the legal acquisition close date - but we agreed on a severance package after a week of back-and-forth so I will walk away satisfied. Not happy that the company is dying though :-(
OK I need to get dressed so we can get some air, the doggies are giving me the evil eye and my lungs need the arctic cleansing.
Hope your weekends are all sunny!
/end of La La post/
9 comments:
I'm glad the family front and the work front are working out for you!
I woke up, showered, and made coffee before realizing that it was daylight savings time and I had done everything an hour earlier than I needed to...
Toughgirl, life is really awesome right now, what can I say? :-D
Frank, oh the times I've done that too... showing up at school an hour too early. Gaah!
I wore my new winter jacket to walk the dogs today.
Sniff...
It's going up to 14C-ish this week - yay!
I'm glad your dad is getting better.
Yey fally winter! lol
I'm so glad to hear that things with your dad--and your dad himself--has improved.
Prin, Katie: well I hope he's getting better but it might just be sand in my eyes so I don't worry. Jeebus he weighs 147 lbs, that is skeletal and scares me shitless :-(
So glad that you and your dad are in good supportive and honest communication...do everything you can to keep that way. Also, make sure you stay true to you and that will help him the most. Also with the job pkg, so glad you are happy with the end result. Oh and I slept so well with that extra hour too...we all need more sleep I believe~!
Post a Comment