Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just chop it off, man!

Finally! My horrid heavy frizzy winter hair is GONE! Told my awesome hairdresser to cut away half to let the curls come through, and she did this:

This is my happy happy face!

OK so you can better see the head mayhem,I shall be serious for a mo':

Sorry Vegas darling, but the 80's pornstar hair just had to GO. I feel so much lighter and happier now - isn't it funny how much power our hair holds over us?!

Today was for sleeping in late and getting soaked running the dogs and errands. It's pissing outside, a really nasty spring rain. Yet the city is "cleaning the streets" with those big pressure hoses mounted on water trucks - our tax dollahs hard at work!

No headache today, it's a bloody miracle. I've the gumption to cook up a few dishes for the week's lunches, the bathroom needs cleaning too but hey! the man's home! I wonder if he'll be nice and volunteer, hmmm?

Blogging: the new communication tool for modern couples.

But first, time for a hot tea and a cheesy movie. Yey! Sunday!

/end of Homebody With Somebody post/

19 comments:

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

MARVELOUS DARLING! Vegas will love it! Happy Sunday!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your hair looks fabulous....I love it. ***wishing I had some flippin' curls***
Men should have to clean the bathroom...they make the biggest messes. Right????
Enjoy your day!!!

Technodoll said...

Daring, how could he not? I'm smiling! LOL Happy Sunday to you too :-)

Busy Bee, not if you train them to sit when they pee! *grin* and you know, I've always dreamed of shiny straight hair, eh? "The grass is always greener..."

Vegas said...

if you put toilet paper in first, then you can pee standing up without making telltale sounds.


Just saying....

prin said...

I've always dreamed of having one or the other. The grass is greener on both sides and not the middle.

It looks good, but not short enough. More shorts! More shorts!

And don't forget- they're washing the wet sidewalks on a Sunday, which means somebody's gettin' overtime pays for this.

prin said...

Vegas, it's not the sounds that bother the wimmins.

Technodoll said...

Vegas, you're still washing the bathroom... so I guess you can pee however you like :-)

Prin, the mayor smokes all the confiscated dope, if you ask me. *goes to see if the new curls withstand a washing*

Katie said...

The curls are beautiful!

I don't know why it is, but I want short hair in the winter and long hair in the summer. Strange twist.

Mike said...

did you donate the other 40 lbs of hair to women with cancer?

Kathryn said...

The hair looks awesome!!! There are days when I just wish, wish, wish I could have some curliness to my hair.

Tonya said...

your gorgeous, dahling!!! Looks great!

KA said...

How can you look so pretty??? I'm so jealous.

Frank said...

Giggity giggity giggity!

Vegas said...

that's what i said :) The photos dont do her justice imo, but maybe I am a little biased...

Curly said...

Curls are awesome!! I'm getting mine cut on Thursday, we both be curly heads at brunch.

HAHA!! Reminds me of the time I was driving behind a city truck watering the flowers. It was during a rain storm in July and I had to pull over for a few minutes b/c it was raining so hard. But there he was, driving very slowly and watering those flowers...

Dolce said...

LOVE the new hair, however I never thought you looked like an 80's porn star.

Us curly haired girls need to stick together.

Kath said...

You are beautiful!

Technodoll said...

Katie, if you can deal with the "hat hair" then I bow down to you! LOL

Mike, no.

Vegas, show me where it hurts? ;-)

Kathryn, curls are over-rated - trust me!

Surfergirl, awe thanks! I swear it's the bedhead that blinds people, LOL.

Toughgirl, look who's talking - jeeez! Look in the mirror :)

Frank, was that a jig of sorts? LOL

Vegas, you're biased cuz I buy you cookies maybe... six! six cookies!

Curly, I think I may even have seen that city worker a few times last summer...

Dolce, yep - maybe we could dominate the world of frizz! hehe

Kath, it's just a flattering pic is all - yey webcams! LOL

myself said...

my soul for some of those curls....I end up looking like Lori Partridge on a bad day my hair is so straight!