For all intents and purposes, tonight was "tax night", that dreaded once-a-year rape by the gov'ment rubber fist... Ugh.
I had booked an accountant from a flyer we got in our mailbox, cheap, local, online service - great! What they didn't advertise was the smell of cat poop and the ming floating everywhere in the dingy office... which doubled as a massage parlour, complete with ratty stained sheets, hair and dust everywhere.
*shudder*
At least it was over with quickly: Vegas got the tax refund he thought he would get and for me... well... I had earmarked a few thousand cuz I knew they'd get me this year, the bastards, because my severance package from last year pushed me into a higher tax bracket. But clever me, at the last minute I moved a bunch of money into my RRSP's (a Canadian tax shelter of sorts) and nearly keeled over when my total for the year was... an $87 refund!
I might have giggled hysterically whilst trying not to touch anything, lest I catch warts.
RELIEF!!!
Vegas picked up a nice bottle of red wine to celebrate, I readjusted our New House Budget and all is OK with the world! Yey!
/end of Soon The Dream House post/
21 comments:
Boobjuice? Never had any. Cigarettes I had access to as a fetus, but never the boobjuice.
Yey!
It could be worse than boobjuice. Always remember that. ;)
Name one thing that is worse than a steel mug full of warm tit juice being carried out of an office at your head level. The smell.. oh my god. Stop. Please!
I think the old man shitting himself on my flight home wins.
Vegas, not sure about that...
Who gets a year of maternity leave?
I want a year off. That would be so sweet.
Forget the kid for now.
What a day...cat pee...catching warts...boob juice...did you get a vaccine for all this????
yeah to taxes done!!
Of course she told everybody. Otherwise they'd think she was using a vibrator on herself in there.
i have a hard enough time watching my friends breast feed their kids in front of me, let along a machine sucking out the milk. call me insensitive. :) i'm preparing for the worst for my taxes too. i have a meeting with the mean old tax lady today. panic!! i have the money saved, but I'm really, really hoping to hang on to what I can!
Well, at least she didn't pour said boob juice into her coffee :-D
...and yes, I have seen that done
What? She was pumping then throwing it away? What??
Oh, Vegas wins. That even beats the kid barfing on a previous flight.
Curly - I don't think there were any winners on that flight. The worst part was the culprit and the guy between us both went to the bathroom at the same time - leaving me at the epicentre of blame!
Katie, most women here in Quebec take a year. Lazies! LOL
Busy Bee, no but a hot shower does scrub alot of the ick away...
Mike, vibrators don't go click click click - unless the model you use is imported?
Surfergirl, not insensitive: just part of the `please don't include me in your gross bodily functions` club, LOL! Good luck on your taxes!
Sian, and you survived?? OMG *vomit*
Curly, I'm not sure what she`s supposed to do with it... store it in the communal fridge? *gasps*
Vegas, admit you farted.
When? Just now?
The first part reminds me of the Rick Mercer sketch where he spends the day going around getting kicked in the groin, and then at the end it says, "Get ready, Canada! It's tax time! The best 60% of your income you'll ever spend."
The second part about the boobjuice makes me want to kill myself.
Frank, now you know how I felt yesterday! *shudder*
Lady B, I would looove to read about it :-D
I like that Frank likes Rick Mercer.
Oh, you can use your imagination. I've told you stories. :D
ew, just ew....I really haven't been sure how to respond to this sucker because...well ew.
Double ew goes to Vegas. BLEH.
Now you know why I married him... twisted minds and the like :-D
Eww. Lady with the boob juice is yucky. I don't think she should be carrying such stuff around.
The communal sink? There should be no body fluids in the communal sink!
Congrats on the refund!
Roshan, what she does in the privacy of her own home is her business but in the office? PLEASE!! So yeah... I agree with ya.
Rebecca: exactly!! *gag*
Post a Comment