Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dark! Sooo dark!

I mentioned the other day that the entire front of my building was covered in scaffolding, netting and the like, right? Since last Thursday.

Well the workers finally started doing their brick work this morning at 7am, and this said work includes covering the entire balcony doors and windows with a thick sheet of plywood to protect the glass. We only have the one place for light in this place of the appartment! It's soooo dark in here and it's supposed to be sunny! You should hear the thumping and shouting going on right now - nerve wracking.

I'm feeling super claustrophobic - escaping to the office has never been such a treat!

Talk about perspective, eh?

*sips hot creamy latte, mmm*

I booked movers yesterday, so our official day is June 26th - aaaaa! Makes it all real somehow... Still waiting for a call from the bank to go sign the official mortgage papers and we have to discuss "who does which house repairs" with the current house owners, notary has been booked, what else am I missing? Help?

OK I obviously have oatmeal for brains this morning, gonna cut this short before my forehead hits the keyboard. Soooo tired... Was sixty feet under when the alarm clock blared this morning.

Still twenty to go.

/end of Stupid Crumbly Old Building! post/

8 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I suppose it feels like you are in a cave? that is what our life is like when we have to board up for a hurricane...dark and ominous.
GO TO WORK woman!!
June 26th?? It will be here before you know it...yeah for you!

Kathryn said...

Wow - the office as an escape. Who'dda thunk it, right?! :o)

Woohooo - June 26th - it'll definitely be here before you know it! How exciting!

C said...

thats not so far away.... over here in nebraska time flies really fast lately.... heehee

and see? you have your creamy latte, and those annoying workers are actually helping you enjoy your job more! it doesnt get any better than that!

yeah, right..

patience, my dear..

C

Technodoll said...

Busy Bee, OMG you have hurricanes to deal with?! I really have zilch to complain about then, in this perspective!

Kathryn, I feel like a kid counting down to christmas, only instead of opening boxes we'll be packing them, LOL!

C, gotta see the coffee mug as being half full, right? ;-)

prin said...

Mmm. Oatmeal brains. I miss oats. :( I wish people would eat more oats just because I can't.

I know you wrote the office escape part before you were actually at work. *insert prison smiley here* :D

Technodoll said...

I love oats but cannot do oatmeal. Gluey sticky oatmeal

*retch*

But I'll do it in cookie form though :-D

Just for you! LOL

prin said...

Yey! *sighs in longing for oats*

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

just remember its momentary...wont last long. Keep focus on your new diggs...it will be all together before you know it.