Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gaaah! The bitch strikes again!

Bitch = my female dog. In case you wondered.

She's three and a half years old and knows damn well not to chew anything in the house besides her toys. She's been very good lately, probably cuz Vegas has been home so much.

Now? Mademoiselle is protesting!

She had the gall to steal my pack of Cadbury Creme Eggs from the coffee table - unfrickinbelievable! I had four eggs in there, sitting in their plastic egg-holder thingie, one egg per day as a reward for surviving yet another week on my own. Those things ain't cheap, either, so they're a treat.

Well, they WERE a treat, until I walked in a few minutes ago to find the scattered remains all over the living-room carpet. Plastic gnawed on, every single precious egg naked, half-chewed, covered in slobber, dog hair and ming, shredded foil paper everywhere.

I. WAS. LIVID.

Flippin' dog, man. She knows better and I know she knows better, because she was sporting the "yoda look" when I walked in, in the corner, she didn't come to greet me like she normally does.

Sigh. Back to daytime crating for her for a couple of weeks.

Hate doing it but I know she will start eating the furniture again soon, better prevent a disaster before it happens. I'm home at lunchtime so the kids get to enjoy fresh air on the balcony, it's not that bad.

Mental note: buy more chocolate tonight, can't have vino on its own!

/end of Bitch Bitch Bitch post/

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

oh wow. We can't even leave food on the countertop...I have counter surfers here. I would not turn my head on a cadbury egg. EVER. :0
I hope her belly stays ok...that could be a mess.

myself said...

Benefit to very short dogs.

Nuff said :D

Technodoll said...

Busy Bee, she didn't EAT any of the cadbury eggs... she just made sure to wreck them enough so *I* couldn't eat them, either! LOL!

Myself, quit braggin'! :-D

KA said...

aww, my pups do something similar. My new pup is definitely a counter surfer - actually he's so small he can comfortably walk onto a ny surface like a cat...

Technodoll said...

I think she's telling me I eat too much junk food and I'm getting fat!