Friday, May 9, 2008

Yaddi yadda

In case you're looking for some Friday eye-candy, I posted the last of the Australian Beach photos on my Snapshots blog - click here! Back to my own photography as of this weekend... just need to find new subject matter, I'm so fecking bored of this city's landscape. Mleh.

Any of you planning summer holidays? If so, where to? I'd love some mental escapism... am not going anywhere this year (booo) and am struggling with that. Double mleh.

People are funny. I brought down a crapload of garbage to the sidewalk last night after clearing out the old back locker outside (super old dirty plastic lawn chairs, some old bright blue painted wooden planks, thin warped old sheets of plywood, a milk crate of dusty old home-made cassette tapes from the 80's & early 90's, and a few other knick knacks).

Lo and behold!

Everything was gone this morning, not a scrap left!

And the garbage pickup is only Friday evening so it wasn't the city. Very strange. So I tested it again this morning: brought down two old ratty dirty window screens and a few other things, went to walk the dogs - it's a 20 minute walk - and guess what wasn't there anymore when I came back.

It's almost funny! What the hell, do losers cruise around residental blocks looking to raid anything not wrapped in a black garbage bag? That stuff isn't even recyclable, even if you clean it up wtf are you gonna use it for?

Blows my mind but hey, pleeease take it away. Here's a quarter and keep the change.

/end of Mystery Scrapyard post/

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have any summer trips planned but somehow I always end up going somewhere kind of last minute. Kind of the way I like it! That is very, very strange about your trash situation. Maybe someone is watching you....spooky!

B said...

People are strange...

and me? I'm going to Blacksburg, VA, Chicago, IL, OBX, NC (beach), VA Beach, VA and NYC!!

I AM SO READY FOR SUMMER! AAH!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

One man's trash, is another man's treasure......I much rather people find a use for something than just dumping it.......

I hope to do some roadtrips, I have no interest in getting on a plane anytime soon!! Washington DC maybe? Definitely some NC Coastal Towns and State Parks.

Technodoll said...

1218, I hope to end up on last-minute mini trips too, lest I go insane... as for the trash? NFI but hell I hope not!

Deutlich, wow you're a travellin' woman! I wish I had half of that freedom. *waaah*

WW, yes I agree! But it really was trash aka "end of life" items - or maybe I just lack imagination and a hose to clean it all off. NC coastal towns sound like heaven to me - sigh. *dreamy*

prin said...

Not going anywhere? WHAT!? You're not even coming to St-ptoiiie?!?

:(

:D

I'm prolly not going anywhere either. Too poor from all the going places.

I remember those foragers. You could put out a pee mattress and they'd steal it.

Technodoll said...

Well if the blackflies aren't too bad I may saunter up there... :-D

The alleys around here are suddenly full of pee-stained mattresses. It's disgusting. Guess the garbage thiefs are not doing their jobs that well. Mutter.

Dolce said...

Some people are crazy, but hey, I have a couch and a love seat I would pay someone to take.

Technodoll said...

Dolce, if you left those on the curb, what would happen?

myself said...

There's a market for metal out there to answer your question about the garbage. Don't ask me, I dunno...and yes guys cruise..I can see them on the night before garbage day cruising my neighborhood...they can take my garbage anytime but usually don't.

Trips? Nope. Replacing the kitchen in my house, I think that's enough spending for the summer thankyouverymuch!

Technodoll said...

Myself, I wouldn't mind so much if I got a new kitchen out of it. reeeer!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you have no plans?? You're coming to see me! :P

I am hoping to venture in to Canada very soon to check out more of NS, Montreal, Quebec and whatever is in between.

Technodoll said...

I would drive down to Portland in a heartbeat... all I need is a long weekend and an excuse to go visit... can Vegas come too? You'd have to recommend a good B&B close by though! oooo! i'm getting excited about it, be careful :-D