Tuesdays and Fridays are garbage days, which means I can emtpy out the locker junk one bit at a time.
Not easy to manoeuvre two heavy trash bags and an armful of slippery metal poles down three twisty flights of stairs but oooomph does it ever feel good to lay that to rest on the sidewalk... and poof! everything magically disappears a few hours later.
Gotta love our garbage picker-uppers but gotta hate the landfills :-(
Talking the trash out is almost as hard but thankfully, it makes the mental landfill smaller and smaller after each conversation and ensuing struggle to get to the bottom of things once and for all.
You know I'm talking about baggage here, right? The stuff our past life has cruddied up our souls with and left us squinting throught half-lit windows, wondering what is really us and what is past dirt?
Yeah. Time for spring cleaning.
All you need is a bottle of determination, a few rags of honesty, a can of trust, a bucket of courage and a patient, loving friend to help you with the task. In my case Vegas is there for me but it can be anyone you feel you can clean with - just DOOWIT. You'll shed mental pounds, I promise!
/end of Garbage Out post/
8 comments:
Feels good to let go of it, doesn't it?
Oh it does feel soooo good! I let it go and am continuing to clean, as you know! Got to start anew!
DUH! So at first I didn't know you were using garbage as a metaphor for life garbage, but now that I get it, you are totally right. I have been taking out the "trash" for the past couple days now and it feels great!
Purging all left over crap is the BEST! It makes me feel like a brand new person!
I am such a fan of purging things I dont need/want/use anymore. Effecient to a fault. So I know how it feels to have order once removing items to "make room" for other things or just "make room", except my crap goes to a charity if I can help it.
You are giving Spring Cleaning a new face...Happy purging!
Deutlich... a hundred times "yes!"
PrincessB, I know you are going through the same thing and it is actually giving me strength and inspiration :-)
1218, is what why you have been invisible in blogland? I was worried about you there! Glad to see you back and in good form.
Dolce, me too!! It's a work in progress, but there is progress!
Daring, the spring cleaning is both physical AND mental... talking about difficult things that hurt in the past to finally let them go and realise hey! I'm not such a bad person after all! So liberating. I feel like I'm sparkling lately!
I'm still sorting out what's recyclable and what's landfill. *blushes*
Prin, I like that. Good point!
Post a Comment