It's done. I did it. Holy heck.
!!! I FEEL AWESOME !!!
28 years of cards, letters, journals and photos are now ashes given back to the earth, where they belong... I lost 50 mental and physical pounds in 3.5 hours - at one point we had two fires going, there was sooo much stuff to burn - just crazy.
So yeah, I feel great. Purified, exhausted, stinky (even after a long hot shower), a bit sunburnt and sad that I got home too late to chat with Vegas, but it had to be done.
Thank you N, my best friend through thick and thin for 22 damn years. You handle a fire poker brilliantly.
Thank you my awesome bro (and his awesome new woman, he better keep this one for evah) - thank you for welcoming me to your home, for accompanying me in this journey and for helping fan the flames to keep the fires alive, literally speaking.
Thank you for understanding my need to do this and for making the ceremony possible - I will never forget this day, it is now absorbed karma that will last a lifetime.
And thank you to mr tasty caramel-and-pineapple sundae with a cherry on top for closing the afternoon with such awesomeness.
Whew. Doggies are now wiped out after a big dinner, they're sighing themselves to sleep and smelling like a chimney, god bless 'em. They seemed to have a good time too, am proud of them for being such well-behaved loves (except that one time they escaped to the swamp and came back sporting "black boots", merrr. Thank goodness for garden hoses).
Vegas, although I did this for myself, you were the inspiration and the drive. Thank you for your love, for your support, for believing in me and for being the best friend a lover could ever dream for. I love thee :-)
/end of Happy Mooshy Post/
15 comments:
Wooo! Whooo! I bet it feels good. I am dreading moving. I hate packing and getting rid of crap!
Crack open the wine and CELEBRATE! Well Done!
Yey! I kind of know what that feels like, but maybe only a quarter of a percent of what you did today. All of mine fit on a plate on a balcony in the city. :D
Yey for support, too. :)
You know, in all my life, I've never once had a sundae. Seriously.
Somebody else picked never drink?!? :-O Suddenly my desert island isn't so deserted. How long till cabin fever sets in?
You go girlie......I bet it was exhilarating! So.....how many pounds do you feel like was shed?!?! hehe
Change is good!
Wow.
I am on vacation this week, and I will try to keep you in the back of my mind as the inspiration to get me through the purge that MUST happen.
Good on ya girl.
Wait...why do you burn your stuff again?
Catching up now - can't believe it has been this long since my last visit! Well done on the purge!
... and your poll is missing the option of "anything"
:D
Maybe I should do the same thing too...
Brilliant - so impressed that you did this. Recapitulation baby! :)
Well done to the dogs for getting some chocolate foot action, made me wish I was there again for the sweet sound of shoe being sucked at by mud. He he.
congratulations!!!!!
(applause!!!!)
GI1218, I don't think anyone likes packing and moving and cleaning, but it sure feels terrific afterwards. It really does!
Daring, I had a cold beer... felt like champagne though, LOL!
Prin, you haven't really lived until you've had a sundae. Come to mama, she fix everything for you!
WW, a good 50! w00t!
Myself, am sending you purge vibes - you GO girl! You can do it!!
CD, it was a ritual of sorts... sent the karma back into the cosmos, so to speak. I feel purified now.
Sian, DOH! I knew I had forgotten something! sheesh!
Tin ma'am, do it only when you are really ready cuz there is NO going back, if you know what I mean...
Vegas, chocolate foot will be there next time for ya... he he!
Deutlich, Curly: THANK YOU!! :-)
The weight has been lifted. Congradulations! You must feel like a new woman.
Yes, I do... I really do. *sighs contentedly*
Post a Comment