Sunday, May 25, 2008

Alive... barely

I've just crawled out of the nastiest migraine of my life.

It started Friday around noon and it's still holding strong, am grabbing a few moments of non-nausea to let you know I'm ok, just MIA for a reason.

Spent yesterday's gorgeous sunny warm summery day between laying in bed clutching my head in agony and curling up fetal on the bathroom floor, I'm not sure how a person can manage to throw up 3 different times on an empty stomach but yey me, that's what I did.

Right now I feel like a mack truck ran over me, twice.

I need a shower.

I need to take care of my very patient doggies.

I need to eat (yesterday I managed half a can of ginger ale, a banana, and a small piece of toast in the evening).

I've dozed and slept so much, I have no idea what time it is anymore. We're Sunday, right? Jeebuz Christ please let this be over today, pleeease. I have a million things to do and my doggies need me, this isn't funny anymore. Being alone and being incapaciated like this is scary - how I managed to get dressed and take the kids out, I don't know - all I remember is climbing the stairs back up home on hands and knees and barely making it to the toilet for another session of heaving.

If you've never had a migraine, you will not understand this post.

If you have, then I wish you to never get one like this motherload.

Take care, all of yous - dunno when I'll be catching up on blogs but I'll do my best.

/end of Please Let Me Die post/

13 comments:

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Medication and sleep. Loads of it.

Hope you feel better soon! =p

Anonymous said...

Omg I hope you feel better soon! I feel your pain, you poor thing.

KA said...

sleep and take care of yourself lady!!

Sian said...

Yup, I get migraine too sometimes. Acupuncture helps. Or serious pain meds, codrydamol sorts it out. Get Vegas to send you some.

'til then, get well soon

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Well, that's just no good.......I hope it goes away soon......get to feeling better!

I've never had a migraine that bad before, I can't imagine how that must feel.......get lots of rest!

Technodoll said...

Thanks everyone... been doing nothing but resting since Friday night so have done a few things this morning, sloowly... easy does it... knock on wood, at least I am semi-functional today. I am grateful for that.

Lola Smiles said...

Hey you! Hoping you're feeling better today. I use to suffer A LOT from migraines, so I totally relate. For whatever reason, not so much anymore.!

Rest, rest, rest!

prin said...

You couldn't wait like two more weeks? Geez. You'd think you liked to suffer alone.

I can't even imagine because my migraines are way small since I had my skull bones rearranged and yesterday, even for me, it was off and on.

Don't rest too much or you'll be all better for work tomorrow. ;)

(hugs)

Feel better, you. Don't make me come down there.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling much better by the time you read this.

myself said...

Drugs. As you know, I understand. It's been a bad weekend for me, and another friend that suffers, he was in bed all day yesterday.

Change in weather. As you know, it's been nasty lately.

Take care my dear, I hope for your sake it goes away.

Technodoll said...

I think all your good vibes are helping... so far so good, knock on wood the head is holding and I'm actually getting my to-do list whittled down to a happy size. *three cheers*

A whole day and a half of sleeping sure helped. Geez.

Frank said...

I have frequent migraines :(

I feel your pain, believe me!

Technodoll said...

So I wasn't the only one writhing in agony yesterday, eh? Damn barometric crap - it's for true, this stuff. God save our buns!