Friday, May 16, 2008

"Coconut or baby wipe"?

Read today:

A highlight of this year's Easter promotion by the Jelly Belly company (as additions to its 50 standard flavors) was its surprise BeanBoozled boxes, with odd tastes and non-standard colors.

Although garlic beans, buttered-toast beans and cheese pizza beans are no longer available, connoisseurs can sample jelly beans made to taste like pencil shavings, ear wax, moldy cheese and vomit.

A Jelly Belly spokeswoman told Newhouse News Service in March "There are 20 flavors in each little box ... so you don't know what flavor you are tasting ... coconut or baby wipe."

[Cleveland Plain Dealer, 3-22-08]


Words fail me.

/end of Baby Wipe My Mouth post/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm sorry to bail on you guys like I did. One of my co-workers found saw my blog and I had to think fast and delete faster! I didn't get a chance to tell anyone. I moved to Wordpress and have no idea how it works. So I've been having some learning/growing pains. I plan on figuring out how it works this weekend and letting everyone know. I'M SO GLAD YOU FOUND ME! How did you find me anyone? I don't want to be found all that easy. LOL!

Technodoll said...

Whew! She's aliiiive! :-D

Deutlich commented on Dolce's blog, you had everyone worried about you and scratching their noggins (I even posted for you!).

Um, a few of us have you linked on our blogs... crap! Because if you google "1218 blog", mine shows up with you as a link, as do others... from past comments and posts and such.

We'll have to figure out a whole new cloak for you!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...I am loved! Feels good. I definitely plan on getting it together this weekend. I'll be back in true form soon enough

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

They are sooooo copying off the Harry Potter weird flavored beans.......I've tried so weird ones, but spit them out almost instantly!!

1218.....I was worried too.....Crazyness!!!!

Technodoll said...

Myself: I know! Who in their right minds would eat a jellybean that tastes like vomit??!

WW, a kid once fed me some of those Harry Potter beans and I gagged and choked, it was traumatizing. Kids are evil.

~* ♥ Fallen Angel ♥ *~ said...

Jelly beans that taste like ear wax? Who eats ear wax????? I can`t help but wonder about the genius that cam up with this idea - how did he know WHAT EAR WAX TASTES LIKE????? Only one answer comes to my mind and it`s... yuuukkkkk!

Technodoll said...

Prin, have you tasted all the jellybeans? No? Then get to it, cuz I wanna know the answer to that one :-D

F.Angel, I know!! eeeewww! and.. eeewww!

Sian said...

When I was a kid there was a brief fad for germolene flavoured chewing gum. I really liked it. Kids are weird, what can you say?

(I don't know if you have it over with you but Germolene is an antiseptic cream that you put on minor cuts and grazes)

Technodoll said...

eeeewww eeeew eeewww! Sian, that is awful! LOL

Mind you, "Thrills" gum has been around forever... you know, the pink gum that tastes like soap? Yeah. Ugh. Yet I used to eat it...