Sunday, May 18, 2008

Montreal: une ville, une ill

Thanks to Prin for birthing yet another fabulous blog, this one devoted to our beautiful, clean, functional city... Montreal! (click here) Go check it out for yourself, you'll see!

For the anglos, Montreal has a slogan which says "Montreal: une ville, une île" - translated to "Montreal: one city, one island". But, um... yeah. The island needs a trip to the ER, if you know what I mean.

I hope this won't discourage Vegas from moving here... on the other hand if you can't laugh at yourself, eh? Yeah. Pass the scotch.

/end of I Can't Believe My Eyesore post/

6 comments:

prin said...

Sigh. I still don't understand why they didn't vote for Bourque. I guess they hated trees and green things.

I think, upon further reflection, that it's "une ile, une ville" but for ill, it works better the other way around. :D

United in our filth.

myself said...

LMAO - prin just HAD to get the Super Sexe in there....heheheh

I was in Old Montreal on the weekend, I think that's the only clean area of town truthfully (ok I live in the west, we're pretty clean...).

Technodoll said...

Prin, if they can make up a mayorship, we can make up their slogan to fit it better...

Myself, Old Mtl is only nice in the summertime, trust me. And even then, the stench of horse piss kinda ruins alot of it :-o

Lola Smiles said...

Hey, at least we have character! ;)

I still think it's a great place to be! :)

Frank said...

Pfft...I had the pleasure of reading, this past weekend, that my oh-so-beautiful hometown of Detroit has roughly 5,000 abandoned houses and 29,000 abandoned cars on the streets, plus a bigger homeless population than New York, Chicago, and Philadelphia...combined.

I think we'd win the slum trophy...although I'm not sure that's something I should be proud of...

Technodoll said...

Lola, we love this city... we just hate that it's being desecrated and neglected so much, that's all... *sighs*

Frank, holy sh*t! That is terrible... I never would have imagined Detroit to have such issues. Very very sad, indeed. :-(