"I use the word "fat." I use that word because that's what people are: they're fat. They're not bulky; they're not large, chunky, hefty or plump. And they're not big-boned. Dinosaurs were big-boned. These people are not overweight: this term somehow implies there is some correct weight. There is no correct weight. Heavy is also a misleading term. An aircraft carrier is heavy; it's not fat. Only people are fat, and that's what fat people are! They're fat!" ~George Carlin
13 comments:
not quite the most sensitive man i've ever heard, but some of his jokes are funny.
George Carlin does have a way with words.
Though I kind of agree in a way. I don't think "fat" should be an insult. It's more like a statement. like a flower is red or a dog is fluffy.
But I prefer the term chubby, because I think chubby is a cute word.
I'm fat. Sorry, George. All along, I thought I was plumpy.
Oh, sad day.
*sighs*
Tin ma'am, he's a straight-shooter, eh? LOL
Clarity, you do know what a chubby is, right? *snicker*
Prin, peaches are plump. Humans aren't as juicy.
Goodness...
Interesting....
Funny how we associate certain words with negativity, when they could be interpreted as neutral eh? The foibles of language!
Well, considering fat, as in adipose tissue, isn't a good thing for overall health, it's understandable why people would have a negative reaction to it.
Breastmilk on the other hand, we should get all excited about. :D
eeeeeeeewww! cream from a lump of fat on a chest, yeah right: excitement!
I'll get the popcorn.
A bit of fat is good for a person otherwise they just look malnourished and weak.
And there is something glossy and well kept about the word. Like a pigeon.
Okay, I'll stop now.
Sian, I like your refreshing point of view :-)
lol
I never use big boned folks might get the wrong idea!
Fluffy, thats me yeah fluffy.
He he. I feel fluffy when I haven't shaved my legs in a week :-o
Post a Comment