From googling and from your feedback, the plural of penis is definitely "penises". Glad to get that question out of the way once and for all... *clears throat*
Moving along...
Never shop for shoes at the end of a day, jeez even I know that. So what did I do last week? I bought a pair of shoes at the end of the day. Oh wait, even better: I tried on the sample in the store and didn't like the color, so I had another colour ordered just for me - yep.
Brilliant. Buying mystery shoes.
This morning I opened the box, unwrapped the shoes (remember, I can't wear cheap shoes and I can't return them either, so I'm stuck with them) and they looked perfect. Left foot: hmm the big toe is a little tight but the leather should stretch, it'll be fine. The right foot floats in the shoe like a flip-flop.
Yep that's right, Miss Asymmetry is screwed! Crap! I had no choice but to break them in on my 30-minute walk to work, c'mon feet! Swell up! Please! These are supposed to be my "super comfy flat walking shoes for no-sock days"!
Ankle blisters hurt. Ow. Ow. Ow.
/end of Will I Ever Learn post/
15 comments:
Hey you have one foot slightly bigger than the other? Me too!! And yeah, the left one is a lil bigger than the other.
Imperfections makes us hoooooman =p
Thank God, I have lost sleep for years wondering what the plural of "penis" was. Now at last I can have peace!
Finding shoes that fit is a pain for me, both literally and physically. I wear size 13, which means that any given shoe store only has 3 or 4 pair that will fit me, nearly all of which are ugly and uncomfortable :(
CD, does it affect your ability to wear shoes comfortably though?
Frank, yeah I hear you... my man Vegas has the same problem (and foot size) and it's apparently even worse in the UK: no stock at all for big feet in most shops :-o Geez how tall are you?!
That sucks about the new shoes.......and blisters are no fun!
Penises. Thank god that mystery is over LMAO
I must thank you for the daily dose of humor you always give me!
WW, the shoes are slowly starting to adapt to my duck feet... but still. I'm an idiot :-D
Tin ma'am, through no fault of my own I seem to make people laugh. At me dammit! Ah well better to laugh than to cry! LOL
Thanks for clarifying!
You would not believe how many times the whole plural penis issue has kept me up. Err... wait...
Also, if there were swimming competitions where you had to swim in circles, you, Miss Asymmetrical, would be a winner!
Most people have one foot bigger than the other (or smaller, whichever you prefer).
And for the ladies, one boob bigger than the other!
Try ladies size 10 i'm frank...oooo that's a pleasure to try and find (technodoll has decided I am an amazon, I wish, but I haz big horkin' feet for a woman!) At least something that looks nice is next to impossible to find - those lovely dainty shoes that you see displayed in stores don't seem to be made in "clown sizes"!
Thanks for clearing that up! =)
I would suggest putting a Dr. Scholl's insert just into the right shoe, but then i realized you would be lopsided. Hm.
Jiminy, and you'll be cheering me along clapping with one arm? You know, for encouragement...
Myself, amazons rule! So shush and come shop on my street - whenever there is a sale the answer is invariably "sorry, all out of 8's, my smallest size is a 10..." Fer true. It's frustrating sometimes!
Valley Girl, it could come in handy someday... ya never know :-D
Um Yum, yeah these are shoes with a massage-y rubber interior designed to wear with bare feet... i tried little thin foot nylon sock thingies and lost my right shoe on the street! They do seem to be a bit better tonight though. Let's see what the blisters say tomorrow...
So what you're sayin' is your lopsided! Perfect. HA!HA! Don't worry one of my boobs is bigger than the other.
I wonder when we'll start seeing bras with different-sized cups for the asymmetrics of the world... now wouldn't that be trendy! :-D
How come I missed all these posts? Wtf? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
On the upside, makes for good surprise readin's in the middle of a friday night. :D
Yey for mystery shoes! :D
Or not. lol
Post a Comment