Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Eye popping, gobstopping, down on your knees

While this refers to lyrics from Psyche's "X-Rated", it was also my reaction tonight after stopping by at the vet's to pick up my boy's thyroid meds... thought "what the hell, let's get him weighed to see if he gained any weight since the neutering two months ago".

Gulp. 11 pounds in 2 months.

I don't know how many of you know about akitas, but a 146 lbs male is a pretty damn big and marvelous thing - of course it's all bone and muscle, not fat. Fat dogs are wrong.

At least this explains him eating me out of house and home the past few months. The dogs get the steak, I get the boxed cereal. Awesome :-D

*edited to add a photo of the melonhead*

/end of Proud Mama post/

17 comments:

Zedder said...

Ahh hemm... No pix for those who may not know about Akitas??

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

My word......that is rather large.....weighs more than me!!!!

prin said...

Yey!

Yeah, he doesn't weigh more than me. Sucka!

Technodoll said...

z28gurl, your wish is my command :-D

WW, yep, he weighs a helluva lot more than I do too. Add the puppygirl and I have 240 lbs of dog pulling me around in the mornings. help!

Technodoll said...

Prin, you keep skipping days of food like that and then we'll see! *shakes rolling pin at Prin's head* MANGE! ha ha

myself said...

oh he's gorge! gorge I say!

Anonymous said...

Dude. my pooch has gained weight. I need to put him on a poochie diet. I feel your pain.

Lola Smiles said...

He looks beautiful! :)

Technodoll said...

Myself, I would tell him but it would make his head bigger. We don't want that :-D

Lady Luck, I'm quite thrilled that he is so big actually... he has no weight to lose, he's just a big, fit, happy dude. I'm a proud mama.

Lola, if you could only touch his new thick plush bunny coat!!

voiceinmyhead said...

hoooooooly crap thatsa big dog!
i bet he's a cuddlebug too :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, he is still gorgeous though!

Anonymous said...

That is how it is supposed to be. You have to take care of your kids before yourself! Steak for them, porridge for you.

Technodoll said...

eeeee porridge! Sigh. I need to win the lottery so they can have steak and I can have, um... expensive cereal?

Dolce said...

That's a big freakin' dog. It's hard to tell in pictures when there aren't any human's to compare size to. Wow! My friends have a Great Dane that weights less than your boy.

Zedder said...

Much better with the edit :)

He is one heck of a handsome boy, really makes my heart ache for one too
(new Akita litter on the ground right now from my breeder of choice... must say no and bump myself back down on the waiting list, but always remain on it)

Technodoll said...

Dolce, I'll get new pics this weekend with humans in them so you can see better :-)

z28gurl, one day the dream will be yours... one day :-)

Curly said...

are you kidding me?? 146 pounds??? *runs in fear*