Whatever pissed Mother Nature off, I'd like to know... This is only Day 1 of shit weather for the whole week, almost near freezing temps with nonstop pelting rain and strong winds, how utterly disgusting.
And me, Class A idiot that I am sometimes, left the balcony door open for the dogs today. Awesome. The entire living-room floor is going to be flooded by 5pm and my plants will be half-frozen.
Then I have to take the dogs out in the Moses-a-thon and deal with two wet, stinky, muddy canines for the rest of the evening. Today, tomorrow, the day after...
Jeebus on a popsicle stick! ARGH!
Can't think of anything intelligent to blog about, Canada is on vacation today and I'm the only one sitting in the office like a dork. Oh well, I'm banking this day so when Vegas arrives, we have some free time together - it was the smart thing to do. Not like I was going to go lay in the sunshine reading a book today, eh? Nosiree.
*looks at clock for the gazillionth time*
Oh, I finally watched "Angela's Ashes" Saturday evening (how fitting, eh?), it did a good job of bringing the book to life. Which is ironic, since the book was about a life in the first place. I loved both, despite how awfully depressing it all was.
Is the weather really all that bad in Ireland?...
/end of It's Always About The Weather post/
9 comments:
Oh honey...sorry Mother Nature through you for a loop - never can tell what she's going to do. But its supposed to be SPRING! (ie warm sunny weather). Just think about how warm at heart you feel about Vegas - and that should make things better for you! (or at least take your mind off for a minute) :)
Now that just stinks! I'll post some sunny photos pronto :o)
Ah bummer you ended up working today...but man, I'm wearing sandals and it's *still* cold out there! That's ok though, sushi here I come :-) Amazing what makes me happy....doesn't take much apparently!
Yeah, it's depressing. In the summer, it's 12C and raining and in the winter, it's 8C and raining.
When I took the plane from the 8C and raining to Banff's dry -4C, it was like t-shirt weather. But what I found didn't help was that they never got over it. Here, after the second day of the same weather, we get over it. There, you'd meet somebody on the street on day 163 of straight misty drizzle and they'd be all, "What crap weather we're having."
Look on the bright side, it's supposed to be 22C and sunny pretty much all week here in Chi-town.
I'm so lame, I actually have my weather.com preferences set to metric, which always confuses the hell out of all of my friends.
Daring, the crazy never stops... tonight the sun popped out long enough to say "good night!" - aaaaah! Thank goodness for inner warmth... and hot bubble baths.
WW, wooohooo! Yes please!
Myself, sushi? Not hot gramma's thick soup on a day like this? LOL - I love me some good sushi... now you've given me the drools. Ghah!
Prin, it's our Joie De Vivre eh? Shitty weather? Have some maple syrup! and a whisky... and some scotch... la la la.
Frank, you're too cool for Chickagoo - you should move here, you'd be aaaall set! :-D
I feel for you with the shit weather. We are into week 4 of mostly rain and fog.
Have you gone mental yet? Cuz I would have a looong time ago... (hugs)
Yes, yes it is. Right now we're having 'Irish Summer' which means no sun, thick clouds and biting cold. Luv-er-ly.
Prin makes us sound like moaners - we're not we're just making conversation... :D
Post a Comment