Mark my words... tomorrow David Archuleta will be crowned American Idol for 2008.
All along I was routing for David Cook but really, the young Archie is so much warmer, kinder, sweeter and has the better voice all around - Cook is awesome and will have a nice career à la Daughtry, however IMO his stern face and arrogant postures will rob him of the AI crown and that's too bad. He should have smiled a bit more.
I've been wrong before but like, only once LOL!
Thanks again to everyone who offered their support and advice today during my meltdown... I worked through it (thank you Vegas for being incredibly awesome as always) and am breathing a bit better tonight.
Breathe in.
Breathe out.
See?
Hopefully a good night's sleep will set me right as rain again. Wait, rain sucks - who invented that silly expression anyways?
/end of Cuckoo It's Moi post/
7 comments:
I hope you get lots of great rest tonight hon.
Archuleta will probably win. After he wins though, will he still be exciting? Cook will have a great career no matter what, and it's his music I'll be watching for.
Take rest Techno. I hadn't known what happened. But you will bounce back soon. My wishes r with u.
I only watch the first few shows of AI just so that I can get a laugh out of seeing the folks who think they can sing..........trips. me. out.
This is the first year I didn't really follow idol. I caught a few shows here and there and was not impressed. I just don't think they have a real idol this year. I bet this kid turns out to be another "Soul Patrol" guy. Look I can't even remember his name. I just remember he yelling "Soul Patrol" out to the crowd. Oh yeah, Taylor Hicks, that's it.
Deutlich, thanks - I did! Feel loads better today :-)
Curly, I really like both but I agree that it's Cook who will make it big. He knows it so it's better if he *doesn't* win, that way he's not bound to the dumb AI contract for a year and he can do his own thing :-)
Roshan, awe! Happy to see you again! and thank you!
WW, usually me too... then i phase out until the top 12 or so, and unless someone grabs my attention i won't much care anymore. This year was different though, dunno why.
Girl1218, I had forgotten about Hicks... That guy was just full of ticks, no real talent. Archuleta will appeal to the teenie crowd for a while, then his voice will give out. Oh well.
Oppps you marked your words and you were wrong.
Archuletta is a passing fancy. Everyone gushes how cute and adorable his is. that goes away when you are 21,25,30. A singer has to have more that a great voice and gushy teenybopper cuteness.
Post a Comment