So hot and lovely here today, makes me freak out a little to be stuck inside at work but I'll sneak away for a bit later on. Not like it won't be like this all summer anyways, just gotta get used to it.
I'd really love a job working outside though, from spring until autumn. Sigh. Maybe someday my dream will come true.
In the meantime it's shoving the paperwork to earn the pennies to be able to afford that elusive freedom... we do play the lottery here but to date no luck, I keep thinking "this week we win the jackpot!" but nope. What a crock!
Progress report: the bike which is clogging up my living room leaves Saturday morning (it was sold), the big bins of paperwork and photographs to burn are also leaving Saturday, as is the big clunky futon that takes up half the back room - yey! My dogsitter's brother is happy to take it off my hands so I'm happy to give the damn thing to him.
Sunday, I will celebrate this newfound space - of course it's all temporary cuz Vegas' stuff arrives in a month and then we'll be crammed in again, but hey I get a month! w00t!
This girl is happy with the smallest of things.
(not man-bits though)
Speaking of Vegas, right now he's stuck in tradeshow hell in Sweden, I almost feel sorry for him but the photos he keeps sending me are so frickin' hilarious (think: fashion crimes), I'm having a ball! oooo what a bad "trophy wife" I can be... and I'm too far to get spanked so neener neener!
So Sweden gave us the Swedish Chef, fjords, ABBA and... um...
*crickets*
I guess they can't all be winners.
/end of Foggy Brain post/
19 comments:
Girl - I woke up to 40's today. Count your lucky stars on that hot streak :)
Seems like you are on your way to combining households and having enough room to spare.
You've worked hard...hats off!
C'mon TD, we want Sweedish pic's!
Skip
Again I am jealous of your weather. If you lived here you would not want a job allowing yuo to work outside! We will be lucky to reach a high of 3 degrees today! I can't remember the last time I saw the sun...stupid rain and fog every day for an eternity. We are about 10 degrees below our normal temps for this time of the year and have been for weeks now...grrr..
Daring, I'll try to push a bit of this amazing warm front your way! Hell after 7 months of winter I'll take this bone that's thrown our way... LOL!
Skip, it's hard to tell the men from the wimmin - are you sure you want pics? :-o
HO, OMG that SUCKS! What in the world is happening?! um it's 25C right now, not normal either... you need to come back here for a loooong visit, that's what!
umm, NICE lead in to talking about vegas "happy w/ smallest of things, not man bits though" LOL
ROTF!! I'll probably get hell for that one... that'll teach me to write before having coffee.
Let's just say I am more than happy with every gorgeous man-bit Vegas has, and I'll leave it at that :-D
Yey for space! :)
What about volvos? Sure, their engines die fast, but still!
Space! I'll have some soon too! Now if I could just locate the door to the shoebox, I could get out of here.
Prin, oooo yeah volvos, i hadn't thought of those. score one more small point for the swedes :-D
PrincessB, I thought of you today, drowning in boxes and all! Aaaalmost over now, just two more days! How excited are you?!
ffs!
Am I in trouble?
I work outside... trust me... it's not all it's cracked up to be. I promise. Sometimes it downright sucks.
This girl is happy with the smallest of things.
(not man-bits though)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I love that!
I wanna see some Swedish fashion disasters......pwease......
Tin ma'am, I was mostly thinking along the lines of "being retired and spending the nice days outside in the garden" or along those lines... sigh. *dreamy*
WW, Swedish fashion disasters are not for the faint of heart. Maybe Vegas will host some pics on his blog :-)
We're also having a streak of warm weather! It's wonderful - a real mood enhancer!
Elisabeth, yay!! Vegas has been sweating in London the past week with temps going up to 25C, definitely not normal. Enjoy it!
"This girl is happy with the smallest of things.
(not man-bits though)"
I just shot Coca Cola through my nose and all over my keyboard from bursting into laughter.
You owe me: 1 keyboard. And another Coke.
Fine - do you want that in a small glass or in a big one? (think carefully!)
*teehee*
Sweeden sorta gave you Zedder too TD...
C'mon, minus the fashion crimes thats a good thing
Post a Comment