Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ode to minimum wage workers

I ask thee for an egg salad sandwich
Punched in right, one two three
Bill paid, I wait
While you assemble the bread and protein unit

See the monitor up on the wall?
Egg salad sandwich it proudly proclaims!
You look up
Then down
Then up again
Then down at the scoops at your fingertips

Bread sliced, tomatoes laid in a row
Minimum wage worker, why
Does it have to be so difficult?
Chicken lays the eggs
So tell me why
Did you give me a chicken salad sandwich?

I understand you are 30
And probably cannot read
So please do me a favor and
Go work cleaning toilets
Where I will then never again get
A sandwich I never asked for.

Yet another lunch ruined by an imbecile,
I cry in my coffee.

The End.

10 comments:

Vegas said...

lol - funny lady :)

Maybe they also clean the toilets?

Technodoll said...

God. Have. Mercy.

prin said...

lol @ I cry in my coffee. :D

Time for chocolate. :D

Curly said...

MW's cousin works at the sandwich place here. BRU-TAL!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww...I hate chicken salad. That would have sucked! Sorry girly.

Technodoll said...

Prin is a girl from Mars...

Curly, brutal for the cousin or for the customers?!

Girl1218, it sucked. Mutter.

Zedder said...

lol, that sucks.
There are few things as insulting as paying for something you dont even want and not noticing until WAY after the fact.

myself said...

Been to Tims for lunch have you?

hehehe

Lola Smiles said...

lol, stay away from anything 'mayo'. *eek*

Technodoll said...

z28gurl, imagine if someone is allergic to the food they get but did not order and it's too late to go back to exchange it? awful!

Myself, how did you guess where it was!! ha ha!

Lola, point taken... specially with the hot summer months coming. Salmonella no thanks!