Two more nights of starfishing in my bed... and then Vegas is here. I think I'm about to faint from happiness and excitement!
I love him! I love him! I looooove hiiiiim!
Er, sorry... got carried away there for a moment. Am bubbling over a wee bit... but can you blame me for being happy that my love and soulmate is finally here after six long weeks?
LDR's suck. Sigh.
Oh! I have news! Imagine that after years of searching I finally found my best friend from when I was like 10 years old... through Facebook! My god... I have so many questions for her I don't know where to begin.
She was my first friend in the new town we moved to after my parents divorced, this was in 1979... aaages ago. How I adored her, and her amazing parents who just took me under their wing - her house was a small paradise compared to the hellhole I was stuck in with my brothers. She knew more secrets about me than anyone else, we danced in her livingroom to Dolly Parton, climbed trees and scraped knees, built snow forts and staged plays in her yard, I could go on and on - sweet memories are flooding back now and I'm grinning like an idiot.
And best of all... she didn't forget me after a quarter century.
Yeah... I'm old now... but love will keep me young forever.
7 comments:
Hi, just dropping by to tell you that your dogs are cute!
LDR's do suck, but there's something to be said about really earning what little time you have. In my opinion, being apart sometimes makes you enjoy time with them a little more because you know what its like to be apart so you don't take one another for granted :-)
I'm happy for you, you sound excited and vibrant. And yes, LDR's really suck. Personally I wouldn't mind going celibate for a good long while, so I'm not really a big proponent of relationships, but I only speak for me. Everyone else: have fun, enjoy. I just find there's too much drama and in the end, I'm much happier all by myself. Grr. So yeah. And you're not old. You're gowgeous. Gowgeous women don't get old. They age gracefully.
xx i.
Katana, you have an awesome blog! So of course I linked you ;-)
Glad to see other people are also living LDR's... the highs and the lows and everything in between. They are magic though when for the right reason, eh?
Smiler, you are right... we never grow old, we age gracefully and we glow. So I'm not really getting if you're still with S or not?!
I found mine too. It's funny how when you're little and just a core of a person, the bonds you make never change because you're still the same core of a person.
Prin, yeah... some childhood years were just prime for lifelong friendships. I's so happy she and I are emailing now!!
Yay for LDR-boy coming to you! How exciting! I know I would be excited! :) Is he here to stay or here to visit?
Martini, it's unfortunately only for the weekend... but I get to cross the atlantic for new year's so we'll be together for 2 weeks then. WOOT!
Post a Comment