The first dregs of winter are the hardest to get through (well that and the last bits in April).
Woke up this morning to blowing freezing wet slushy snow messing up the streets and turning umbrellas inside-out, blinding people and causing general mayhem - ghah how gross!
I could only manage to take the kids around the block for a bio-break, and boy did I ever get dirty "mom you suck!" looks after I dragged them back up inside in my rush to get to work. Dogs can sulk sooo well, they should be nominated for freaking oscars.
Then came the Big Mistake:
I hoped that public transportation could get me to work on time. What a joke. First the subway stalled for 20 minutes because of "an incident" up the line, and if you take subways at all you know that people keep pouring down the stairs until a tin of sardines looks like a better place to be in... Everybody in warm winter coats covered in wet snow, it's a stinky sauna. BLEH.
After cramming into a putrid car and getting my ribs squashed by sharp elbows and struggling to breathe, I finally get to the station where I take the bus to get to work.
I should have known my misery wasn't over yet.
After a long wait, a very full bus pulls up. Turns out it got hijacked by a kindergarten class going on some crazy field trip. Awesome! A tin can of germs and screaming kids on wheels! Half the people waiting in line couldn't get in because of these little snot monsters, I got lucky and was the last one on board - I think I jumped out half a block before my stop while the bus was still rolling, the lesser of two evils.
So the trip took me almost an hour. I could have crawled to work on hands and knees faster.
Welcome to winter!
2 comments:
I know that public transit is good for the environment and all, but I so loathe it!
I really hope to never have to take a bus again.
Yey winter!
Boo public transit. What a ****ty system we have here. *shakes head in disgust*
Post a Comment