Friday, November 23, 2007

Almost there!

Almost Friday night... praise allah and buddha and everyone in between! And althought I might feel like this lady, I'm very grateful to have a bit more, er, color at my desk:

Very disappointed by the ending for Mr. Brooks, I feel cheated of a story that makes any kind of sense. Effing Hollywood and their wussy script writers. Give me Stephen King anyday! Bah.

The land is one frozen icecake today, how bland. Winter's not even "really" started yet and I'm sick and tired of it. Maybe I just need to thaw out with a weekend of hot sex... yeah, that would work. Six more days to go 'till the jackpot bells start ringing again. 9,240 minutes, give or take a few. Seems like an eternity.

I can do it, I can do it!

Nobody else seems worried that the price of gas has skyrocketed for no good reason at all. I'll bet if MacDonald's doubled their burger prices there would be a mass uproar and we wouldn't hear the end of it - priorites, I guess.

4 comments:

Skryker said...

I'm personally incensed that the price of gas keeps jumping around like this. How can they justify a 10c a litre jump overnight? How does the gas sitting in the tank in the ground get more expensive-or less expensive for that matter?

It's insane, and I expect it will get worse over the winter, as though somehow the home heating fuel and the gasoline in your car are the same thing, so higher demand for home heat puts the price of gas up. Grrrrrrr!

prin said...

I don't mind. Higher prices mean smaller cars which means more selection of smaller cars, but also that the odds of me, small car driver, surviving a crash if I ever have one (because it won't be an SUV or minivan hitting me because they're so scarce ;)).

It's all good. :)

Technodoll said...

Skryker, I completely agree... it's not about supply and demand, it's about fleecing consumers! F*ckers!

Prin, sorry but no. People will continue to drive big vehicles and just get poorer for other things. Not everyone can fit a family and dogs or whatnot in a smaller car. If I were just myself sure, I'd drive a compact... but I can't, so I'm stuck deciding between which bill to pay.

Gas doesn't need to cost this much. It's just greed BS by the effing oil companies and governments with their shitty taxes.

prin said...

You maybe, but the ones who have trucks and vans when they don't need it? Already Quebec has much, much smaller cars than the rest of Canada. We totally rock for that. Head on over to Alberta, and no doubt you'll see the difference instantly.

Gas is still cheaper than milk.;)