Thursday, November 15, 2007

The groaning whale

Yep, that's me. The bottomless pit has ceased being hungry and is tight in her pants today, oohhh why did I eat so much yesterday?!

Just finished a salad lunch (@2pm) and yes, I look pregnant. Ficken.

Why are grocery stores always full of dudes in the evenings? You know, those greasy scruffy duuudes that come in after working on engines all day to buy a case of beer, frozen chicken wings and cat litter for dinner but end up wandering the aisles to oggle women and check out their buns?

Yo! Get your own bread, buddy. If I wanted to date a loser like you I'd place an ad in "Hobo Weekly". Get lost.

My neck and shoulders hurt like a bitch from hauling loads of groceries up the stairs all the time... these dogs need meat and meat is heavy! Am trying to schedule a massage appointment for next week but keep playing phone tag with the masseuse... in the meantime I've microwaved a bean sock, er cereal tube, whateverthefuck you call those things? Magic Bag?

Anyways they stink, eh? Like a barn gone bad. Peeyoojesus. Specially since you have to wrap this contraption around your neck, the aroma just slinks up your nostrils with every breath... am trying to breathe through my mouth but that's just so annoying.

I wonder if Santa will bring me a sock full of coal for christmas. It can't be worse than the cereal sock.

Back to work... tralala... not everyone's lucky enough to be sick and stay home. Grumble grumble.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol at the magic bag thing. One of my favorite clients is called the warm buddy company (http://www.warmbuddy.com/)and they make fabulous therapy wraps that smell great and stay warm super long! Check out the ultra shoulder wrap, it is my fav for those aching computer sore shoulders. I use the ultra body wrap for Lucy when "old dog" soreness shows up. There is a link in locations for a guy who retails the warm buddy products online if you are interested.

prin said...

Lucky? LOL! You can have the flu if you want. And the little trolls too! :D

Technodoll said...

Wow those shoulder wraps look awesome... like they really fit. Hmmm I might ask Santa one for christmas *grin*

Rahul said...

Going to a supermarket in LA is like going to a runway show.

I always wear a suit.

Skryker said...

You should see what rolls in at 3am. Yeah, I loved working the over night shift in a grocery store!

Pajamas are not meant for shopping in.

Technodoll said...

Prin... on second thought you can keep the flu and the little trolls. *sorry hun*

Rs, a pale blue suit with white tie? Is that you I saw last summer handling the cantaloupe like it was... er. Nevermind.

Skryker, OMG I don't even want to imagine. *imagines dirty wifebeater shirts and birkenstocks*

prin said...

What's wrong with birkenstocks?! They're prettier than crocs that's for sure. :D

Skryker said...

Occasionally a drunk would wander in without shoes at all and have to be escorted out.

lol-I'd get people coming home from formal events in line behind people in pajamas while drunken students roamed the aisles in search of munchies. Fun stuff!

Technodoll said...

prin... um... crocs had sex with leather sandals and gave birth to birkenstocks.

skryker, that's such a snapshot of real life! at least you have some memories of those "good times" LOL!