Friday, November 2, 2007

Be kind to my ears

Fellow bloggers, I have to ask...

Why link some loud awful music to your blogs? Here I am, sweetly chillin' out on my music, surfing the web and visiting - or trying to! - sites and blogs I really like... when BAM! Loud annoying music ripping into what I was listening to, my immediate reaction is to exit the page without reading anything or I'll seriously lose my mind. It's like enjoying rich smooth chocolate mousse and then suddenly someone dumps lardy beans with spinach in your mouth - seriously, wtf!

No offense meant to anyone. Just something to consider, perhaps.

8 comments:

Daszzle said...

Sorry! That was probably me huh? I adore the song that's currently on my site, so when I found the on-line coding I was overjoyed... however now it's almost to the point of annoying me. I wondering though, do you know of anywhere one could find music for blogs that doesn't immediatley start when you enter, but instead you have to push play? That would be the best!

Technodoll said...

LOL not just you! and thanks for not taking offense... miss reading you. I could just turn off my speakers eh? LOL!

prin said...

I think people have to keep in mind that visitors might be at work when they read and if you have loud, hard music on there, it might be a turn-off...

I don't mind so much, except when I have my speakers on full blast. Now I know who the musical ones are, and where the pause button is on their blog, so I can nail it as soon as I get in if need be.

Whatever. In the end, I'll just tag them more often. :P

Technodoll said...

What pause button?!

prin said...

LOL!! They all have one. It's usually along the boarder somewhere. Like Daszzle's is in the bottom right (sort of in the center) of the music thingy on the left hand side of her page... And Valley girl's is the top left corner on her music thingy which is on the right hand side of her page. Matt's is the top left corner of his, which is at the bottom of the page...

lol I know's 'em all! :D

Daszzle said...

Eeks, we're all sort of a pain in the butt with our music these days huh haha. I'm glad you've got it down to a science Prin. I never really notice myself because I either have my home speakers off, or my earbuds plugged into my work computer (so I'd be the only one to hear).... but definitely go for the pause button... and as soon I figure out how to turn it down from the inside I so will :).

joen05 said...

I like the music on Matt's but I can understand where music could be a turn off for visiting a site, which is why I try not to have anything pop up or play music upon visiting.

That being said, I always have headphones plugged in at work just in case....

Technodoll said...

I still can't find any damn pause buttons - waaah!