Monday, May 7, 2007

On lust

Did you know that "lust" is an anagram for "slut"? Now why is that? Why is lust such a bad thing, and why does it have to be sexual? I can lust after a delicious ice-cream cone on a hot summer day, I can lust after that fabulous pair of shoes I saw in the store the other day, I can lust after another woman's big tits (wish I had them) and of course, the obvious lust for young boys... men... whatever.

Just last night on TV, there was this old couple kissing at a party, the woman was just flirting with the guy actually. He was fat, he was almost bald, he had dentures. Well she was no spring chicken herself but goddamn! is THAT what I have to look forward to? Dating old bald geezers with a beer gut, saggy tits, hemmorhoids, bad breath and bags under their cataract-ridden eyes? oh god, please kill me now. No. NOOOOO! I love youth, I need youth, I lust youth - take it away from me and I will shrivel up and die. Yes I'm terrified of growing old, to be surrounded by old people who smell like pills, medications and death. I mean the best half of my life is over, right?

I feel like revolting. Acting like a teenager, dancing in outrageous mini-outfits and getting drunk on shooters "just because", running barefoot on the beach and being swept away by a tall blond mysterious prince who will turn back the clock and transform me into a fresh, young 20-something again with her whole life ahead of her, ravish her silly and....

Sigh. I need to lay off the booze, man. G'nite.

1 comment:

Vegas said...

You need to do some reframing A :)

Youth is one of those things you can only appreciate in hindsight. I think it wouldnt have been so much fun if you'd have been trying to hold onto it at the time. Part of the fun is the indifference you have about yourself and your wellbeing at that age. Mind you, it's not like we all turn ugly at 30 or something - it just requires a bit more effort to stay fit and healthy.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am having a lot more fun and pleasure now in my thirties than I ever had before (and i had quite a lot of fun before).

Accept that all life is transient and that there's a start and a finish to it. You'll never be comfortable until you accept that you are where you are - youth is something to look back on with rose tinted nostalgia-vision. Live your life now and take it for everything you can get.