Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ending it with Judy

Always be a first-rate version of yourself,
instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
~Judy Garland

Now that's a mantra to live by! Not always an easy one, but an honest one. I'll do my best to remember it when the goals and visions become foggy...

Thanks to the warm dry evening, we started our "summer family walks" with the dogs and oh boy, if we charged a nickel for every time we get stopped for questions and can i please pet your dogs... they could pay for their own ice-cream cones! A short stroll lasts an hour, feels so great. Am all showered now, having a glass of shiraz while my hair dries, the bedroom is cooling down (kids couldn't WAIT to get in there!) and I'm ready to conk out. Hugs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad person for a good quote. I would have chosen a "non"-actor. Like Boy George or Simon LeBon maybe a member of Human League or Cocteau Twins?

Technodoll said...

i though the juxtaposition was pretty hilarious :-D dunno about Boy George, Mam... he's been quoted as saying shayte like "Separation penetrates the disappearing person like a pigment and steeps him in gentle radiance.” I kid you not!