Friday, February 26, 2010

*yawn* type type *yawn*

The anti-sleep demons are having their way with me these days, hmmm! Nasty little critters. I need a shotgun and magic bullets or sumtin.

Yesterday had me shashaying a little victory dance as I finally finished my very first shop project evar, and I am so proud! Not bad for a first attempt at carpentry, is it?
The Silkie Condo!

Lacey loves his new home,
and tomorrow he gets a new girlfriend to go with it!

The coop is 4' long, 2' wide and 2' tall. Ventilated on both sides, re-inforced with 1/4" hardware cloth (that stuff is a nightmare to cut). Big door for more ventilation and ease of access for cleaning, large ledge to keep the bedding inside. Not too heavy so can be transported. I just need to add a roosting bar and it's all done!

Took me about 5 hours working with awkward panels, heavy machinery and recycled materials, trying to design and figure things out as I went along... But I had great fun and can't wait to make the next one, will try to improve on skills with practice :-)

The best part of the day though was ramming the car into the half-shoveled snowbank to finally have access to the grocery store, woo! I rewarded myself with cheese fondue for dinner and a little glass of red wine, it was tasty mmmmm.

I've got enough good, ready-to-go food in the fridge now to have NO excuse for cereal, crackers and toast 3 times a day.

Me and carbs, we're good buddies.

Time to get shake off the cobwebs and get this lovely new day started (did I mention all this rain is melting the dump of snow pretty quickly? Yey!), as a parting gift I'd like to point you to the funniest blog post I've read in a long time, please do take a minute to visit Jayme's blog and her awesome breakup with... well, go see for yourself!

/end of This Hour Has 6 Minutes post/

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Sorry to hear you have anti-sleep demons. *shakes fist at Vegas for being out of town*

The condo is GREAT. You're quite good at construction.

Enjoy your weekend and see you on FB. :o)

Anonymous said...

hi technodoll what's new???? im having pizza woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Busy Bee Suz said...

I nominate you for your own DIY show. Building condo/coops!!! How awesome is that....I would kill myself with a saw. Really, I would.
I hope they enjoy.
You ran into a snowbank? are you supposed to avoid them???

Technodoll said...

Kathryn, I apparently inherited *some* of my grandpa's carpentry skills - yey!

Farley, I'd love me some pizza mmm! Lucky you! Not much new, just took the dogs for a long walk in the mud - swell, huh? LOL

Mike, two words: paper bag.

Busy Bee, if the snowbank is between your driveway and the road and you need to get out... there is no avoidance! ha ha!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, you did an awesome job.
Glad you got out to the store and had your fondue & wine. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

EWWWWWWWWWWW MUD