Woke up to find about two feet of snow had fallen overnight, and there's another foot or so coming down on our heads today - mother of god, what did I do to deserve this?!
It's officially THE biggest storm to hit this place all winter, well since many winters, and of course it happens when Vegas is away in California... Oh, the bitter irony. It's warm-ish today, too, so the snow is very wet and super heavy - perfect for making giant snowpeople but impossible to shovel - I'm so discouraged, you have no idea!
I couldn't even let the dogs out this morning
without digging a path first:
without digging a path first:
"Um, mom? Help!"
I can't get out of our driveway anytime soon:
Mmmm melting snow + rain = mud, also = dirty dogs, dirty coop, dirty boots, dirty floors... Mmmmm! I love this country.
So what's a girl to do when her plans are scrapped thanks to asshat weather? She gets her chores done and then goes out in the snow to
Goofy McFlapperlips and the Cool Wolves:
Please do ignore my awful voice and sound effects - oops!
Time for a rest now, everyone's good and tired out, my snowsuit is hanging to dry, the flock is in bed for the night and what's not to love about a good hot cuppa orange pekoe tea while the nana-cranberry muffins bake in the oven?
Thanks for spending some time with me today, hope you enjoyed the snow more than I did (ha ha) - Vegas, are you laughing yet as you wave at the pacific ocean from Venice Beach? Well, you should. Lucky bastid. I do miss you though - sigh.
/end of Mishmash Snowballs post/
9 comments:
Holy snow, woman! That's crazy!!! The short of the fur kids is great. LOVE the "proper akita response". It's as though you can see the whole thought process - well, should I go. Yeah, I should. Lemme wait a second or two or three. Ok, here I go . . .
Muffins look yummy.
Stay warm and hope you aren't stranded for too long.
and now we know why moving from this godforsaken country is tops.
rickin frickin.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Never too many pictures! I love pictures on blog. Look at that snow, wow! Love the video, too cute. The muffins look wonderful.
You never post too many pictures. We loved the video. The girls think you have the cutest pups and guess what???? We now want to add 2akitas and a mastiff to our pack.
:0
I will tell the husband later about that.
SO much snow. I just can't imagine...
Thanks for sharing with us!!
Oh wow. That is A LOT of snow. I havent seen snow like that since I was in the 5th grade! What a snowfall.
Your goodies look delish! I love that you share things by photo.
Have Vegas send you some CA beach warmth your way!
Oh my gosh, that snow is killing me on your behalf! What happened to the world this year? It's like that old cartoon where the wind blows snow everywhere-- it came true!
Hope you can stay warm and toasty and cozy-- those muffins look delicious!
I love that you post lots of pics, so no, not too much at all. In fact, more please!
awwww how cute they are, and diane and i watched the video twice just to see dante run about! you have a cute canadian accent, too!
we want some muffins..... grrrrr
thats about how much snow we got here, we are also ready for the warm weather now...
hurry spring, hurry!
c
We didn't get that. :/
Why is a snowball a stick? And he whispers like Boo. Best trick evar. :D
And how can there be too many pics on the blog?
Kathryn, yep there is a definite thought process going on in that furry brain! ha ha! I managed to get some groceries done this afternoon, yay for rain that melts the snow!
Myself, you said it. Sigh.
Just Breathe, the muffins were soooo good it's ridiculous - I had two :-o
Busy Bee, glad you liked it! And oh, you have the perfect house and space... don't you know akitas love to swim? :-D
Daring, I'll be sure to share any more snowstorms with you, in fact do you want me to mail you some? I have lots left over... *grin*
Rebecca, I promise to keep up with the pics - yey!
C, I just loathe my voice... Ugh. And winter. It can bite my arse!
Prin, everything in dante's world is a "stick", LOL! And it's fun to see him developing quirks and traits every day... he's quite the clown :)
Post a Comment