Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First time for everything, happy kids and oh! the pain!

It's been a busy past few days!

I'm fighting off Vegas' lovely British cold (gee thanks hunny!) and I'm not sure which way it's going yet. Am really tired, sore throat, my head's all congested BUT I'm strong and refuse to get seriously ill (haven't had a real cold in years) so we'll see what happens.

*pauses to sneeze and blow nose*

The weather is beautimous, this is the 2nd or 3rd day the flock has been out free-ranging - no snow, blue skies, hardly any wind and you can feel the glowing warmth of the sun's rays. Yep, spring is on the way! Woohoo!
Solaris leads his girls to the buffet!

I just hope I haven't jinxed anything and we get a huge dump of snow later on... Yikes. I hear some parts of the US have been hammered with storms, the world is upside down I tell you.

On another note... Surgeries suck.

I'd managed to keep myself out of the operating room and stitch-free for 40 years but this morning I became "one of the assimilated", OK fine it was a very small and voluntary surgery but for sure it saved me from future misery, judging by the past two times this thing caused me weeks of agony. Our hospital here is just amazing, I must say: every staff member is courteous, gentle and caring, the place is super clean and service is quite efficient. A far cry from the shitholes I've been to in the big city :-0

Now the anaesthetic is wearing off, the bandage is soaked through and my hip hurts like a bitch. GaaaAAH! Just took some advil but doubt it'll do anything to ease the pain from scalpel and layers of stitches. Crap.

You know me, I hate being incapacitated in any way :(

Time for some distraction... I snapped these a couple hours ago when I was still mobile:

"Yo! Have space for my face?"

Two akitas VS one mastiff puppy...

Guess who wins? :-0

I'm a nice mommy and make the boys share!

While the girl just stands around looking all happy and stuff:

Flippin' hell I'm in pain, getting worse by the minute. I can't imagine what it must be like to go through a major surgery, I just can't. I hope to never find out :-o

Thankfully Vegas is home today to help with things, dinner's in the fridge (leftovers, yey!) and I get to wash my hair in the sink (no showers or baths for two days - abomination!). Tomorrow is a busy and exciting day - please stay tuned for news on the arrival of three baby chicks! Egg fertility fail for the broody mama hen = alternate solution for everyone's sanity. I'll explain tomorrow.

/end of I Wish I Had Vicodin post/

13 comments:

Kathryn said...

Glad you're doing well, even though the pain is starting to set in. Yuppers, we here in the US are getting pummeled with snow, but it's GORGEOUS. Plus, it's winter, it's supposed to snow. And if it gets me two snow days for work . . . I'll gladly take it! Furkids look like they had fun.

Relax and Happy Tuesday.

Rebecca Foster said...

Hope that pain doesn't get too bad, and goes away very quickly! Thank heavens for pain meds, eh? I don't even want to imagine what life was like before anesthesia. Ugh.

Your doggies are just the cutest! I love pics of them.

Feel better soon!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Nice that you have a break from the bleak skies...I think I heard the flock rejoicing this morning!!!
I hope you can fight the cold...and you heal quickly from your surgery. Did you have one of those large tacky tatoos removed? I hear that hurts. :0
Take care, feel better.
Suz


oh, those dogs are so sweet, cute and demure.... Well, if you took out their teeth. grrrrrrr. :)

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Either you have an amazing camera, a spectular eye or perhaps its just both wrapped into one, but the photos you take of your doggies outdoors in the snow look like something right out of a glossy magazine spread or a movie. You can always practically see them romping around playing through the still photo! Great pics girlie!

Keep taking the meds! Wishing the pain away!

Technodoll said...

Kathryn, it seems the pain is abating a bit today (thank you Advil!) so it's OK. Happy it's done. As for the snow you can keep it! LOL

Rebecca, yep me neither... they don't call them "the dark ages" for nothing :-o

Busy Bee, yeah those tattoos of barney were starting to get oooold! ha ha! We're back to grey weather, bah. I'll go read your blog to get a dose of sunshine :)

Daring, why thank you! On a good day the dogs photograph themselves, really!

Stephanie said...

Hope you have good pain meds my friend! Speedy recovery!

Sweet T said...

Aww hope you aren't in too much pain today :(

Gorgeous pics btw!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The dogs look so cute. Love the photo of the chickens too. They are just so cute. I must apologize but I can't remember what surgery you were having.
That is what I get for reading way to many blogs. I really am sorry.
Feel better soon. I also don't retain information well. That is why I can watch movies over and over again.

prin said...

I love the chickens in the snow pics. So colorful and contrasty.

And I love Maika's face in the pic where Dakotah and Dante are biting the thingy.

Hope you heal up quick. And I hope you take it easy long enough to heal. ;)

Roshan said...

I love your doggies. Kiss for all three.

Technodoll said...

ModernMom, yep Advil saved the day ;-)

Sweet T, thanks! it's better today, whew!

Just Breathe, you don't remember because I hadn't talked about it before, LOL! Ooops!

Prin, what does "taking it easy" mean? is this some hippie new-age speak? Pfffft! :-D

Roshan, done done and done!

Anonymous said...

I love them. Dante seems to be earning his props. Good puppy!!! Beautiful picks TD

Illia Chavez said...

Wow!! Someone with taste in dogs! Soo beautiful! I found you after a EE gender threads from BYC - LOOVE your blog and animals! We have an Akita - Very big boy named Roark. We also have a Mastiff/Dane cross, sweetest and most beautiful dog!!