Thursday, February 4, 2010

Squinting against the glare

Yes, it's that sunny outside - the kind of sunny that makes you want to wear shades in the house so you don't look angry and squinty all the time.

I'm bored today.

I don't quite know how to deal with it.

The next three days will be very full and busy but now, today? Mleh. I'm not used to having much downtime despite not having a "normal job", you know? I'm not sure what's going on. Day three of Vegas being gone and I fall apart? :-o

I guess I'll go play in the park with the doggies and then have lunch or something...

*back soon*

Done, and done - still bored. Oh, didn't I promise you a treat today? Right, so fasten your seatbelts! Behold, I present you The Most Dangerous Cake Recipe In The World!! aka:

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE (aka Bullet Cake)
  • 4 tablespoons flour
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
  • A small splash of vanilla extract
  • 1 large coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well:

Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve two people if you want to feel slightly more virtuous although
of course I snarfed the whole thing down in two minutes and now have a rock in my stomach).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world ? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

Handle with caution ;-)

OK, off to get ready for my date - yes, I'm going to the movies with Prin this evening, so excited! Have to catch Avatar in 3D at the cinema again, it's that awesome. Woo! She gets popcorn, I get to watch.

Anything to get out of this giant fart cave - damn dogs!

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

/end of Bullet Cake post/

9 comments:

Curly said...

Oh you did not just do that.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I must make this. My husband loves chocolate cake. He will love me tonight! Enjoy the movie. I didn't see it in 3D. Have fun eating your popcorn. Vegas will be home soon. Rent some movies!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh! I could make this every night:)

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

That sounds so SINFULLY delicious! I wish I could have some...but I cant do chocolate anymore...thinking of what I can use as a substitute....

Busy Bee Suz said...

My Mom told me about this...I must try it!!!
Have fun at the cinema!!!

prin said...

Some chopped up lindt milk chocolate mixed in would totally make that a cake of death. :D

Thanks for the movie. :) If we do it again, I might maybe let you hold my hand or something. *blushes and stares at the ground while fidgeting uncomfortably*

C said...

this recipe is SOOOOOOOOO yummy! i will be making it again n again.

have fun at the movies! i also wanna see avatar.

c

Technodoll said...

Curly, oh yes I did and it was pretty good :-D

Just Breathe, time is flying by so movies are a treat, but cake, must make time for cake mmmm!

ModernMom, that's exactly the point :-o

Daring, never say can't, say choose not to. And there is no substitute for chocolate (well... maybe sex... Ha ha!)

Busy Bee, I had great fun! Do try the cake, it's good with ice cream!

Prin, geez you only want me for my body don't you. Slow down! :-D

C, if you see Avatar the point is to see it in 3D - go quickly before it's out of the cinema!

Technodoll said...

Haaaa Lady B that's awesome! I'll go read about it ;-)