Tuesday, February 2, 2010

When the machine just doesn't wanna

I'll spare you the rant on today's aches and pains and only mention that I'm writing this with eyes almost closed, head on the keyboard, drool on my chin.

So. Bleddy. Tired.

This time of the month can fuck right off, I tell you. It's like being sat on by a fat paralyzed elephant drenched in molasses.

'Nuff said.

Vegas is off to the UK tonight, I drove him to the city this morning and won't see him for another ten days. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet, I already miss him but it's good to change up the routine once in a while, you know? Lord knows I've enough to keep me more than busy while he's gone and we'll be in touch thanks to technology - time will fly by quickly, I'm sure.

Hell, I blink and we're two days later.

Maybe I'm a really slow blinker? :-/

I think the dogs know their daddy is gone. They saw the suitcases this morning and have been extra clingy all day. I didn't even have to yell at them to come back when we went to our walk in the woods, they just stayed close and listened very well.

That freaked me out.

And now Dakotah, my big boy, is laying in one of the dog beds in the living room, staring at me -been going on for 20 minutes now. I've never seen him do that. Like, ever. He won't let me out of his sight. I loves him :-)

Today I took the plunge and activated the stove's auto-cleaning function. You might as well know the truth, I've never had the luxury of such a toy before, LOL! Now I'm beginning to rethink the word "luxury", cuz after 3 long hours of acrid stink and a faint smoke coming from the oven, I'm stoned on stinky fumes and not about to do that again anytime soon - UGGH!

My poor lungs - I'm so sorry!

I have a treat for you guys this week, not sure exactly which day I'll post it but will try sooner than later. Hint: it's deadly and it involves speed. And cake. Curious?

Time for tea and cookies, I just may crash at 8pm if this nonsense keeps up.

/end of So. Bleddy. Tired! post/

7 comments:

Whitelilies said...

Hey Gorgeous Cocotteski!

Are you available this Sunday? I would love to see you and the fury kids, plus we could share some "bday" cake over this mysterious adventure of yours.So glad I am not the only one to live them no more :)

Call me on the cell ok

Love your Cocotte xx

Busy Bee Suz said...

The oven cleans itself...but yes, the smell is horrid. I always do this when I can open all the windows at the same time...the smell will go away eventually.
I hope you feel better...and I HOPE Vegas is back before you know it.
are you going to throw a cake at me really fast??

prin said...

So... Why not just skip it? If you're on bc that's not cyclical (i.e. different doses for different weeks) then you could easily add a week or two each month. That's what I do now. 4 or 5 weeks instead of 3... *shrug*

C said...

i hope time flies fast for you- it would suck to be away from the hubbs...

dogs know.

they know everything.

even before we know it.

they are already collaborating on protecting you till daddy gets home.

they love you. or as celine would say-

they LERVE you.

i hope you do have company and some good ole girlie time with family or friends. you should invite some of your girls hollaback and have a 2 nighter pajama partee'....

movies, wine maybe,- foods, makeovers and pedicures... oh how fun! i can see your lil tootsie toes wiggling at the thought.

play games, shoot the shit, play wit da doggies, oh whatever floats yer bubble...

girlie time is always a treat!

anywho, if i lived up there i'd help ya plan it.

oh, go on, you know you wanna....

;)


c

Technodoll said...

Whitelilies - Woo! J't'appelle!

Busy Bee, now I know to wait for a warm day and open the windows! As for the cake, you'll see tomorrow ;-)

Prin, awesome suggestion and I'm going to do exactly just that. Screw this misery.

C, tonight is a bubble bath after a chocolate fondue, I don't have wine but that's ok, happiness is a better drug! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hurry home honey....
We did our oven after Christmas.
Yes we opened the sliding door, ran the fan and had a candle buring. I think if you do it more often it's not so bad. I do LOVE the clean oven and glass.

Technodoll said...

I had never used that function before but will definitely use it more often now!