If you guessed "8:56pm" then you win a big fat kiss from Darla! In case you forgot who Darla was, she's my crazy 4 month old turkey who still thinks I'm the boogeyman, hope she chills out soon - specially if she has kissing duties ;-)
The night was punctuated with trips to the pain meds stash so I can't say that I'm rested or anything, but I still managed to run some errands today despite the splitting headache, everybody's fed and happy so I guess it's a success. The crowning moment will undoubtedly be the chocolate fondue I'm having for dessert tonight, before relaxing in a hot bubble bath and then indulging in a chick flick - soothing, much? You bet!
I still would rather Vegas be home though.
Drats.
Tomorrow, our contractor is supposed to drop by to build a couple of holding pens in our garage since I need a safe place to put the baby chicks once they've hatched, and a place to house the roos when it's breeding time (in order to not get "surprise" eggs by unwanted matings). They're gonna hate it but I have no other space... Until we move we have to find ways to just deal with it.
One of my silkie roos, Lily:
You might think I'm nut for loving my birds and my dogs so much but let me tell you one thing: they will never betray me, hurt me or lie to me. Sitting there on the coop floor with them, I know they only love me for the treats (and some petting) but that's ok, there's a soothing honesty about it that takes the sting out of human relationships. I don't have to watch my back with them or wonder if I'm being crapped on for things I didn't do. You know?
Life is never easy but I guess it would be boring if it were... Difficult situations can make or break a person and I'm OK with that. Every action has its reaction, everything you do has its consequences. It's part of growing up and learning to love, if you can just let go and trust in yourself.
Life is good - no, it's better than good. It's freaking awesome!

8 comments:
That Happiness piece from Willow Tree is my favorite one. I LOVE IT!
I love the way you love your chickens. If I was bold and could raise some were I live I think I would try it. I love watching you with them. Of course I love the way you love your dogs too! I love my Skye so much.
Are you ok? I hope you're ok. And I hope I don't crap on you unnecessarily... :D
*hugs*
Give a dog a bone..this old man goes rolling home.
What the hey does that mean? My kids LOVED that silly song too.
Tell Darla I will pass on a kiss, but I will take a hug? Kay?
White puffy marshmallow is adorable.
I hope you enjoy your chick flick and the bath and get some rest!!
Dr's orders. I am the Dr. of all things non medical related.
ok. I just made that crap up.
Take care...
xoxo
Suz
awww your roos n chickies are so cute, TD... i agree witchew, only animals and young children can give you what you described because they have no reason not to. i think the way you love your aminals is just beautiful. keep on truckin, baby....
lol.
c
Just Breathe, I'm amazed that you know this statue - wow! *bows to the queen* and the doggies send you a smooch!
Prin, yes I'm OK - just expressing some thoughts, nothing to worry about!
Busy Bee, I listened to you (mostly), do I get my lollipop? :-D
C, the innocence of the young and the furried/feathered... thank goodness for them!
I don't think you're crazy at all for loving your furred and feathered kids. Especially that wild turkey who is sort of darling. I think they are reminders of us about how to love. Or the kind of love we are capable, but often fail to give each other.
I know the love I feel for my animals is so perfect. If I could take that same love and share it with others, then I think I'd be doing pretty well.
I guess that's one of the reason I don't think I could ever seriously date/marry someone who hates animals.
Yes...life IS freakin awesome! Full of adventure...
Chick flick. Must.not.make.more.chicken.jokes.
Post a Comment