Friday, June 12, 2009

What's up, sugarplum?

I haven't had the time to pack anything the past two days - insanity! My back decided to act up again, too, so I really have to be careful. Frustrating!

*shakes fist at throbbing sciatic nerve*

I've started to spend money as if we actually had it to spare... Um. Yesterday we got one of these and it will be delivered to our new house the day after we move in:Although it looks like a BOY TOY, no doubt I'll be riding that thing as much as Vegas will... I've been told we'll need about 5 to 6 hours per week to keep the lawn looking sharp. ACK!

At lunchtime today we're going shopping for a new washer & dryer (my first in a decade!! woohooo!) and we're not leaving the store until we have a new bed, too. Not just any bed - we're going for one mattress each. Yep. Vegas can sleep on his slab of concrete and I can sleep on my marshmallow, and when he moves I won't be jiggled like jello anymore. Add one big topper to join the two and ya got a super awesome king size bed!

At least, that's what we're aiming for.

Cuz sleeping on the couch sucks, it really does.

Anyhoo.

Yesterday was for driving way too far (considering the nightmare traffic) to get these two lovely antique tables:

Now before you go "WTF?", they were free and they will be stunning once I've sanded down the water-damaged tops and re-stained the wood. You should see the gorgeous detailing that goes all around the tables, it's amaaazing! In the meantime I will just cover the tops with some leopard-print material that I have on hand, add a cut-to-size glass plate and voilà, unique side tables for our living-room couch!

Did I mention they were free? LOL

OH! OH!

Guess who got her business cards yesterday afternoon??

*meeee! me! meeeeeeeeee!"

They're gorgeous and perfect and I'm thrilled! I got a box of 2000 so they should last for a while...

Sometimes I get freaked out and wonder "What if I don't get any clients? What if I fail?" and then I try to picture myself working as a glorified secretary again in a stuffy office pushing paper to earn a meager living and I know it would suck every atom of my soul so I cannot fail - I just can't.

One life to live, evaporating one day at a time. This is it. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow doesn't exist, it's now or never baby.

It's quite brilliant, isn't it?

/end of Are You Glad It's Friday? post/

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

Awesome looking tables. And even better that they were free. Yay!!

Excellent for the new bed - sounds like you could really use it. I look forward to the day when we get a Temper-pedic bed or something of the like. I have a temper-pedic pillow and it ROCKS.

Yay to the business cards . . . do we get a sneak peek? I'm sure you'll do awesome with your business.

As for Friday - yes, so glad it's Friday. I really just want to tune out the world for the next two days. Completely just disconnect. Is that so wrong?

Happy Friday!


Ps. How'd the potato salad craving go?

Rebecca Foster said...

I had a leopard print rug, it's my fave animal print. The tables will be sweet!

I hope you get a hat to go with the tractor!!! And post a pic!!!

My aunt and uncle have your bed arrangement and it works very well for them. I like the soft stuff too! I had a queen pillow top, plus two t-pedic toppers. It was like sleeping on a cloud. I miss that bed, China beds are hard!

prin said...

Are you sure they're not veneered? I think after sanding, if you figure out they aren't, you're better off veneering the tops. If they're really that badly water damaged, the stain probably won't cover the marks, but if you glue veneer on top, you'll get a fresh start..

Technodoll said...

Kathryn, still no craving satisfied... am going to go peel potatoes right now for salad later tonight! *drools*

Rebecca, we didn't get a bed today... sniff. Still looking, still looking!

Prin, the tables are definitely not veneered, it's pure stained and varnished wood. For now I'll cover the tops with material and a slab of glass and one day I'll have the time to sand and see... the rest of the pieces are in perfect shape so BONUS!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are brilliant!!!
Love the tables and your talent with furniture leaves me GREEN with envy.
Happy about a new bed for you...and washer/dryer? MY favorite appliance's ever (well, I do love my fridge too)
Do you already have the place set up to board dogs?
So exciting.
We found a great place here in (out of the city) town that takes our doggies...this lady has the perfect set up on her property and is always booked. She does not even advertise as far as I know, it is all word of mouth. As soon as you get a couple people in and out..you will be booming.
The dogs have an a/c area where they sleep and a small run then a large run, then the entire property to run...our babies LOVE it there.
I won't take our dogs anywhere else, if she is booked, then we don't go. That is how good it is....

Technodoll said...

You give me hope, Busy Bee! Crossing fingers that once I open the dog boarding in August I actually get clients... sooo nervous! *breathe breathe breathe*

We didn't get a bed today... it just wasn't the store and the little gay sales guy was a moron, so no thanks. We'll keep looking!

Technodoll said...

It even has a "beverage" holder... I'm thinking frosty mug with beer on a hot summer day? LOL

Will share pics of the hard sweaty work and then you'll change your mind on mowing a lawn for an hour a day, 7 days a week!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

About the riding mover, here is a little hint for fun (moving at least an acre in the old home before we hired someone to do it)...BOTH of you ride together with an ipod and lemonade with a little alcohol in it :))) Oh and if you do it with a binkini on, you can also work on your tan!

Yah on the bed....new ones sleep like pillows! And you will need it after settling in and all your moving!

Technodoll said...

Ah yes, who doesn't love a nice cold shandy on a hot summer day! Already got that part covered ;-)

Still looking for a bed solution though. Bleh!