Thursday, June 4, 2009

Must. Find. More. Hours!

I really, really need to shift my sleeping schedule and hour or so back. Going to bed past midnight and getting up past 9am is just shit, by the time my morning chores are done it's noon and I'm panicking about wasting another day!

*breathe, breathe, breathe*

Yes, I know, I'm the master of my own destiny so quit cryin'.

At least the weather has been super gorgeous lately and there is a nice weekend ahead... Vegas and I are making the trip out east on Saturday to visit my mom & gramma (yey!) then stopping by to see our house... dreamy!

And then it's back to paperwork, packing, annoying phone calls with incompetent insurance brokers and trying to keep from exploding.

Oh and Murphy and his law can go to hell.

You know how certain things need to be dealt with here and there? For some sick reason everything seems to be happening NOW when I'm so broke I could cry! Fuck's sake!
  • Passport is due every five years, which falls on now so I need to get the renewal paperwork and stuff in asap. $100.
  • My camera is 2.5 years old and decided last week that it needed a professional cleaning, since all pics have dust spots on them. Another $100.
  • Yearly car registration is due now. $260.
  • Too many family birthdays to mention in June. *insert lots of money for prezzies*
  • Moving costs, notary fees, mortgage payments, the famous "welcome tax" and countless stuff we need to buy for the new house are all looming and I'm not sure we can afford it all!
So yeah, stress thinks it's my new BFF but I just want it to take a freaking HIKE already.

Kay, am going offline to pack some boxes and we'll call it therapy.

Yey!

/end of She's Going Crazy, Folks! post/

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Yes . . . deep. cleansing. breaths. in fact, i'll take some of those with you. i'm about to lose my mind. no joke. thank goodness the stress ends today. my father and his wife simply cannot stay with me and the hubs. or at least i cannot stay in a 1400 sq ft place when they visit. it makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a fork. it stresses me beyond belief. and then to maintain an even keel at work while that is going on? and have it be THAT time of month? shoot me. shoot me now.

and yes, murphy and his law can just . . . well, you know. glad to hear the weather's been great, but unfortunate that in other cases, it seems like it's pouring for you.

happy thursday. :o)

Frank said...

You're almost as bad as my roommate. During break, when we don't have class, he will sleep from 6:00 AM until about 9:00 PM, then get up and play Warcraft until 6 AM, when he goes to sleep. He's completely nocturnal!

prin said...

You won't get the welcome tax for a while.

As for the rest, welcome to homeownership. That's the way it goes. *shrug*

No need to bother stressing about it. In time, you'll just learn to brush it off.

Obviously, in the big picture, renting was bound to have its perks or else so many people wouldn't do it for so long.

As for time, who cares if you work from 9AM till midnight? What diff does it make if you work from 7AM till 10PM? Same shit, different time slot.

prin said...

Oh and the passport isn't crucial unless you're going somewhere... So that can wait. ;)

Busy Bee Suz said...

All the bad $$$ stuff happens at one time...when you don't have the cash. Darn murhpy. Told you to fill cards full of love for birthdays. They will LOVE it. ;0
Can't help you on the other stuff...but new stuff for the house, that can wait. really, give yourself some time to settle in. But, get your camera cleaned so we can see YOUR house!

Technodoll said...

Kathryn, no can do about the shooting, sorry... you'll just have to endure! Howz about a hug, is that ok? (( hugs ))

Frank, better keep a string of garlic around your bed... you never know... LOL

Lady B, yes yes! hopefully! either that or I'll be fit to be tied in a nuthouse :-D

Prin, the difference is when I need to get to places that do have certain working hours. Must avoid driving & shopping during peak hours, I hate people that much these days! Gaah! And passport is crucial so need to get it done... just have to mail the package now, dieu merci!

Busy Bee, I will post a pic of my house this week! I keep forgetting, oops...

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Sorry honey - you only get 24 hours in the day like the rest of us - sad to say, its never enough for all of us. But if you find a way to create more, please spill your secret!

But you are so resourceful - I know you will make it work...(you always do :))) )

Technodoll said...

I think it's all under control now... as long as I get out of bed before 9am there are enough hours in a day to cover everything I want to do :-)