Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm better now! LOL

In a bout of temporary insanity, I decided to snack on a light bulb to see if I'd get any bright ideas on how to fix a major PITA problem:
And it worked!

Been frustrated to death the past three weeks with my dumbass insurance broker who calls me incessantly with stupid questions from insurance companies re: getting a quote to cover our new place in the country - THREE WEEKS NOW! Our notary needs confirmation by next week, dammit!

So I got the bright idea to ask our house's current owner for her insurance info, since they already cover the place we could perhaps just transfer everything...

Doh! Brilliance!

Just got off the phone with the guy and he'll have an answer for me by Monday but doubts there will be any problem at all since all the legwork was done before - and the monthly rate is a bit lower than we had budgeted, too.

Oh me, oh my!

Did I mention how I love small-town interactions, where people know everybody and doing business is both friendly, fast and efficient? Fuck big-city red tape, I've had it!

On this note, I've packed enough boxes and bags to feel good about my day, ran my errands and am now going to bake a lovely casserole for dinner (shredded potato & onion with eggs, cubed pan-fried chicken breast and spinach topped with grated cheese - makes a sort of quiche).

I'm so allowed a second piece of apple cake today!

*grin*

/end of Happy TD post/

15 comments:

Vegas said...

Yay well done! Eat all the apple cake you want my love :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Good for YOU!!! You are brilliant. How did the lightbulb taste? crunchy?
Your dinner sounds fab. We had potluck leftovers tonight...the fridge is TOO full...gotta eat it all up and start over again.

prin said...

hehe... Post in 4 months:

"Did I mention how I hate small towns? How everybody knows everybody and everybody wants to know your business?" :D

Who's stopping the cake?

Technodoll said...

Vegas, yey apple cake yey!

Busy Bee, he he it was light and crispy! mmm potluck leftovers are the bestest :-)

Prin, if I ain't got anything to bitch about then life isn't worth living. Sniff.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Our lives are so opposite. I just moved from small town America to big city America. I hated the gossips of the small rural community and the exclusiveness that came when you werent accepted. It may just be American ignornance. But I love the busyness of the city streets, something always to do, people on their way, and smiles on the faces of passerbys. You moving to a small area seems to be a better adjustment for you and I am so happy for you. To each his own (I know). I am so happy its working for you.

And by the way, lay off the light bulb snacks...they can tend to be hazardous to your health :)

Katie said...

Woohoo!

MMMM Apple cake.

I stand by my earlier statement that you need to put out a recipe book.

Rebecca Foster said...

You are brilliant!

I am on the fence about small towns/big cities. My dad had a home in each. I think that's a good solution, but I am too poor for that. So I live in the city. It's not about people though, it's about access to stuff. I need stuff!

Kathryn said...

Excellent!! But I don't recommend eating light bulbs. ;o) Cake, have much cake. In fact, have a piece for me as well!

Relief on this end - dad and his wife are gone. But now I'm feeling the after-effects. Spontaneous bursts of frustrated crying. It was not a good visit.

Thank you for the hugs. :o)

Happy Friday!!

Technodoll said...

Daring, I'm moving back into the town where I was born and have spent many summers since my grandparents lived there forever... it's more like "coming home" than being buried into a small close-knit community. People there are soooo nice, we've already made friends and the big cities are very close! yey!

Katie, what if I had a recipe blog?... hmmm. *ponders*

Rebecca, you would never catch me dead living in the boonies... I need my stuff too! Luckily 5 mins from our new place are all the big stores, malls and restaurants I need, LOL!

Kathryn, oh no! That's the stress leaving your body... I hope your man spoils you this weekend and that soon all of this is just a distant memory. Chalk it up to learning, eh?...

Kathryn said...

TD - we've just been relishing in the quietness of the house and it just being us. makes us realize that, really, we just need to insulate ourselves to get ready for our own family. set down our rules and boundaries for everyone. including PITA-dads. *sigh*

Technodoll said...

Or next visit, they stay at the local motel! LOL

Frank said...

And along with the lightbulb, you put on a beret and a set of lovely sunglasses?

Technodoll said...

I can't help it! I'm crazy, remember?

myself said...

I'm going to second Prin's comment, my grandmother lives down there, in a small town, and hates that everyone knows her every move.

cake.

mmmm

Technodoll said...

Did your gramma ever think of moving, if she's not happy where she lives..?