Saturday, June 27, 2009

So... tired...

Just a quick note to say we're alive and well!

We survived a 17-hour nightmare of a move (7am to 11:45pm... that's a story for another time), the propane tank guys came yesterday afternoon to relocate the monster so that my brother and Vegas could demo the rotten deck in the rain this morning, all the crap is now in the huge container that arrived at 7am.

The John Deer lawn tractor also arrived today, at the exact same time as the washer & dryer were being delivered. Hysterical! Two giant trucks in our driveway trying to figure who went where :-D

The contractor and Vegas also went to shop for floor tiles and other stuff last night, which Vegas then went to fetch this morning... all 33 boxes plus grout and then some. How he got all of it down in our basement without passing out, I'll never know - I tried lifting ONE box of tiles and went nowhere.

Holy sh*t.

I've got most of the kitchen sorted out, we can eat at least... will start doing laundry tonight as we need clean sheets and towels, if only this stupid nausea and migraine can leave me the hell alone.

Five days of almost no sleep, stress, physical exhaustion and then the moving nightmare - we're so tired it's hard to speak.

Thank goodness for super calm and amazing doggies.

Over and out, I'm dizzy and keep macking spilling misteaks.

Pics to come later, alligator.

/end of OMG We're Home post/

11 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

oh, the joys of moving and renovating...all rolled into one messy, stressful ball.
Take care...fend off the migraine!!!
We want pictures.
Hope the doggies are happy in their new nest.

C said...

in years to come, you will look back at this time in your lives as a sweet memory that you would love to relive, if you could. so savor every little new thing on this journey you guys are on....

congrats.


c

Rebecca Foster said...

Wow, congratulations on being in your new home! Can't wait to hear more about it. I hope you feel better soon, take care!

Roshan said...

Glad that your move is going good. Not too many hurdles. Yay, for well behaving dogs.

prin said...

I know you don't feel it now, but isn't the fatigue great though? Like, to feel spent from doing something utterly productive? It's great. Far better than being spent from wasting the day in front of a computer.

Yey for new laundry appliances!

Katie said...

You are home! That is enough to make me deliriously happy for you.

Moving is a bitch.

Settling in is an adventure.

Living there will all be worth it.

So happy for you!

Tonya said...

it might be crazy for awhile but you'll settle in. Congrats!!

Kathryn said...

Welcome home to you, Vegas and the furkids. Sounds incredibly stressful, but it will all be worth it when all is said and done. Just so you know, though, it's never done. :o)

Take care of that migraine and you. Can't wait to hear all the TD tales of moving.

Happy Monday

Dolce said...

YEAH! You've moved! The worst part is over, now the fun stuff begins!

Decorating, painting, new furniture...I love it!

Frank said...

"...all 33 boxes plus grout and then some. How he got all of it down in our basement without passing out, I'll never know - I tried lifting ONE box of tiles and went nowhere."

All I gotta say is he'd better get laid for that...once his back heals.

Curly said...

I'm glad you made it and that you are back online. I can't wait to hear the 'story for another time'!