Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Scary, much?

Most of you know this freak by sight, right? The infamous Marilyn Manson... What most of you probably don't know is that he's got a great sense of humor, well either that or this guy's completely mental!
Here is an excerpt from a Guardian Q&A interview, do click on the link for the full article!

When were you happiest?
About 15 minutes ago: I'm on medication and it's starting to wear off.

What is your earliest memory?
When I was seven or eight, I was playing with my Scooby-Doo and Daphne toys, and had a strange feeling. It was my first sexual arousal. Now I feel that all girls with red hair are of the devil.

What is your most treasured possession?
Either Hitler's coat hanger or my bedroom walls, because I've written all my lyrics on them.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
That it causes so many girls to cry.

What is your favourite smell?
Cocaine.

What is your favourite word?
"Etcetera."

What do you owe your parents?
I support my parents, so I think I owe them only an apology for being me.

||| yep, he's a nutter |||

In other news, we got completely screwed over by the contractor who was supposed to do work on our house the past two months - nothing's been done and nothing WILL get done. Vegas had to back him up against the wall yesterday to finally get an answer from this guy that um, no, sorry, he ran out of time so too bad, so sad eh? That's the way it goes.

Fucker. I'm sooo peeved.

Trying to find a contractor now, at the last minute, will be impossible!

Plus he charged us 8 hours of work for "project planning & estimation, ordering and fetching supplies". What a crock!! There are no project plans and we still have no clue how much the renos will cost us, he refuses to give us a number! The stuff he bought, where is it and what's going to happen with it? It does NOT take a bloody 8 hours to make two phone calls!

Vegas said he never trusted this guy in the first place so next time we'll follow our instincts, lesson learned. GAAAAH!

I've got to make a short trip off the island this afternoon to go fetch a bicycle - yep I finally found a decent, 2nd-hand city bike that will allow me to run errands the days Vegas takes the car to commute to the city for work. Nobody will want to steal an older bike, it looks comfy and easy to ride: what do you think of my find for $40, all equipped? It even matches the house! LOL

OK, I'm offline for the day now so y'all be good kiddos, don't forget to vote on the latest poll and please send us good vibes that we find a contractor to start work on our place in two weeks, we need all the help we can get!

/end of Over And Out post/

17 comments:

Curly said...

Ugh, welcome to the land of contractors. When do you find a good one, never let him go. I have an excellent guy now. If I call him for some work and he's only free months from now, I wait. It's soooo worth it.

Frank said...

If this guy charged you 8 hours of service, just pay him in American money. It's practically worthless!

prin said...

Wear a helmet!

I wonder if my bro's busy. I don't think he charges for estimates.

prin said...

Oh and MM is all for show. He's a smart guy. There's a reason the media is never allowed past the livingroom of his house. ;)

The Peach Tart said...

I'm MAD about the red head comment....I'm not at all devilish :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Contractors suck in general. Why is that? We've had terrible luck with our house. Sorry to read that our bad karma has made its way to your house. I'll try to not let this happen again.

However, LOVED the Marilyn Mason interview. I have long heard that the guy is funny...although I guess you would have to be to pull off his get-up on a regular basis, right?

-Francesca

Busy Bee Suz said...

Bad contractor? I think most of them are bad. Sorry.
Good luck.
Love your bike. You need a cute basket on the front, you know, for the dogs. :)

MM? His makeup work is much better than mine. That scares me.

Tea Lady said...

Have fun with your new bike. Marilyn Manson freaks me out, but that interview is pretty funny.

Kathryn said...

Contractors stink. Sorry to hear that he's giving you the runaround. I've never heard of any contractor charging for an estimate. *sigh*

Awesome find on the bike. On a lazy day, you could have the fur kids pull the bike for you! LOL

Happy Wednesday.

prin said...

Is it bad that I want to buy you one of those tall orange flags for your bike?

hehehehehe...

Kat Argonza | Tough Girl 101 said...

I think he takes awesomeness to a whole nother level!

Sorry about your contractor. I hope vegas made him pee his pants.

Technodoll said...

Curly, I think we maaay have found a good one now... meeting him on Sunday so wish us luck! I know good ones are worth their weight in gold, LOL!

Frank, it's almost logical... almost... but I prefer Monopoly money, myself.

Prin, yeah MM's a dude of all trades, innit? Kooky, entertaining and smart to make it in this biz. Yes, I gots a helmet and there's already an orange flag on the bike, LOL!

Peach Tart, I rather think it a compliment, no? ;-)

3BayB, it's all worked out for the best so no worries, the karma's all good! LOL

Busy Bee, I think I'd need a really, really, really big basket... :-o

Tea Lady, same reaction that I had!

Kathryn, the guy did some *minor* work like planting two fence posts in the ground. For $200, they'd better be effing solid.

Kat, it's a shame that it takes a man's voice to get respect sometimes but out in the boonies I guess it still works that way, how lame, eh??

prin said...

lol! I saw that orange flag, but I mean the really tall ones, you know? I have no idea what they're for. And I'll put those thingies on your wheel that move around when the wheel turns and make terrible, awful noises. :D

Technodoll said...

You mean a playing card attached with a clothing pin? Been there, done that... in the 70's, LOL LOL!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Love the back. And good luck with the contractor...I never met an honest one, but you seem to have better luck than I :)

Sending good vibes your way you find a good one!

Rebecca Foster said...

MM doesn't just love the SMELL of cocaine. :) Man be crazy.

Good luck with your contractor! My dad and step-mom found a good one, and I think he's part of the family now. :)

I love the bike!

Technodoll said...

Daring, I don't trust contractors farther than I can throw 'em but what choice do we have... Just praying that we found a good one :-)

Rebecca, I love the bike toooo! Just need a helmet, a lock and a rear basket and I'm all set!

Lady B, I wouldn't bike in London either unless I had damn good life insurance, ha ha!