Friday, June 5, 2009

Blissed-out happy

I spend way too much time bitching and moaning on this blog, when in reality I'm pretty damn happy with my life right now.

I may be stating the obvious when I say "Daaaamn Skippy, what more could anyone want?" cuz the answer is "not much more than this!".

Still taking ages to fall asleep at night but at least I was in bed at 11pm last night, as I had planned, so that felt good. Ended up sleeping on the couch again after a couple of hours of tossing and turning - gaaaah stupid hard mattress! - how is that supposed to help marital bliss?

*shakes fist at expensive, no-good latex mattress*

It's Friday, it's sunny and warm, my back waaaay better and I've gotten a few stressful things taken care of thanks to the kindness of people.

For example, I've got a new family doctor in the town we're moving to (appointment is set for end of August) and if you know anything about Quebec Health Care and its Lack Of Services, you will know this is like finding a needle in a haystack - and I didn't even have to look, it was a gift that fell from the sky!

Wayne & Christine, if you're reading this: THANK YOU!

Also waddled my way through the logistics of purchasing a first home without a real-estate agent and I believe we're all set with banking, insurance, notary and the like. I feel all proud :-D

Blissed-out moment:

I've just eaten one of the best organic peaches of my life, you know the kind that that bursts with sweet juices that run down your fingers, has thin velvety skin that caress your teeth and tongue and leave you craving for more?

Yeah, that!

I even got some awesome mangoes for my man - gotta love summer for its perfect fruit, as we suffer from lack of anything edible for most of the year.

One can get sick and tired of green bananas, dry oranges and pasty apples!

It feels good to take a break from stress and packing. I'm enjoying the lovely warm day and my doggies and will head to the kitchen in a bit to make a soup... I made a lovely spicy chicken broth two days ago and it's ready for the chicken bits, potatoes and rolled dough that will puff up into chewy dumplings.

Yes, I know it's winter food - I am a woman of ambivalence, what can I say? LOL

Wishing you all a gorgeous day!

/end of Miss Skippy post/

11 comments:

prin said...

omg. You just reminded me that somewhere in my house, there are 2 uneaten mangoes. Uh oh.

Seriously? You hate your mattress? Boggles the mind. I still adore my non-latex, non-bank murdering Ikea mattress. :)

I'm glad you're chillin' out today. :)

Kathryn said...

Yumm. Peaches. AND mangoes. I LOVE summer time fruit.

Glad to hear you're takin it easy today. I could use that. But it won't happen til I leave work (in one hour and 15 minutes).

The Peach Tart said...

Nothing better in the summer than a yummy juicy peach...especially the kind when the juice runs down your arms

Technodoll said...

Prin, we are so getting new mattress in 3 weeks... and it will NOT be an expensive piece o'crap like this one! Lesson learned. Sigh. Now go hunt down your fuzzy green mangoes... :-o

Kathryn, you're off work now and I can feel your smile all the way to heeeeeere! woot!

Lady B, a good peach is a rare find so do enjoy it when you get one!

Peach Tart, it's like a little piece of heaven gooeying up the fingers, eh? :-D

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yep, when we sometime step back and take in the big picture...we have it very good. but it is still nice to vent now and again....
glad you are feeling better and getting 'stuff' taken care of.
Oh, so the universal health care is not so great huh? Why the hey are peeps trying to get it here so badly???? **shaking fist at government**
(I stole that from you!)

Technodoll said...

He he. You can shake all the fists you like, I give them to you :-D

prin said...

Muther *&^$&*#*# I forgot the mangoes again till I came back here. lol

Get an Ikea bed!! Um. Mine's a Heigel I think? The most expensive one they had, but still under $1k. It's dreamy.

I like the universal healthcare when I hear about people living with constant health debt... :(

Technodoll said...

Mmmm mangoes that look like kiwis? :-D I do love our healthcare here, except for the looong waiting times to get an appointment with a doctor... if you can find one... Um. Why can't we have the choice to pay for medical services, like we do for dentists? Boggles the mind, I tell ye.

Rebecca Foster said...

I like complaining AND happiness, so your blog is perfect!

myself said...

Ok. What does blissed out feel like?

I have no idea.

I can enlighten you on "busy". But that's about it.

Technodoll said...

Rebecca, if I sway one way or the other too much just let me know! *grin*

Myself, blissed out feels like floating naked in a bath of warm champagne? oh wait, no, that's just gross. You'll have to use your imagination on this one, LOL!